Honeymoon Discussions

Has anyone been to Poland for their honeymoon?

Just curious - my fiance and I are still tossing around ideas for where so I threw this one out there because that's where his family is from.  We're having a summer wedding here in Canada which will be not too bad heat wise but I'm afraid that it will be too warm in the typical honeymoon destinations for me so we're trying to come up with alternatives.

Re: Has anyone been to Poland for their honeymoon?

• Summer should be a great time to see Poland.  I haven't been there myself but I hear the Baltic coast is lovely
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I did a Baltic cruise for our honeymoon with a stop in Poland (Gdansk). Of course, we didn't get to see much so I don't have much advice. We plan on going back on our next trip abroad.

We didn't want to go anywhere too hot either, which is why we decided to go with Stockholm & the cruise. The weather was perfect. Our last day in Stockholm I wore long sleeves and pants. My kind of weather for July.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been to Poland, and if his roots are there, it would surely make for an interesting trip. Especially Krakow is supposed to be really pretty (haven't been there myself). I don't feel it's a typical honeymoon destination, where you can get pampered in luxury. I'd also do some research on the weather, since I think it can get pretty hot in the summer. Depending on how much time you have, you might want to combine it with something else. Berlin if you want to have a truly cosmopolitan (but still cheap!) experience, Prague for some old world romance, or even take a flight to the Mediterranean if you want some sunny beaches, for example Croatia if you want to keep with the Central Europe team. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards