Florida-Central Florida

Just for laughs!! Your FI's funniest moment

So let's face it ladies: while we all love FI/DH, sometimes when it comes to registering/ wedding planning, the suggestions/ comments that they put in are pretty funny..not in a mean way,it's not that we wanna make fun of them, but it's cute when they really try to have a say and it makes you go, "Uh..WTF?"

For example, my FI has decided to be ridiculously picky about our registry. I changed the plates (again) and he told me multiple times the plates were fine and to leave it alone. I showed him the new ones and his first comment was that the navy blue plates were "too dark...it's like 'AHH! where's the food?'" hahahaha who actually says that??? He decided that plates should be white w/ a design if any design at all. After making me search every patterned plate on the website, he eventually came around and told me to choose those and that he never liked our other ones at all...so why did he tell me they were fine?? Then I showed him the rubber spatulas I put on there (for like cake batter and stuff) and he told me that he didn't like those because "they weren't large enough to hold a sandwich"....WHAT?

I dunno if anyone else finds those funny but me, but it got me thinking, what's the funniest thing FI/DH said during the planning??

PS: FI if you are reading this...I love you and I'm just teasing! :)

Re: Just for laughs!! Your FI's funniest moment

• edited December 2011
    So FI is visiting me this weekend.  I have horrible cursive and sign my name with my first initial and middle initial and last name bc I am so bad at it.  He pulls out a piece of paper and says we are going to practice signing your new name!  haha  Some of the stuff he comes up with is hilarious!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG both of you, I'm dying laughing. 

If I had a penny for every dumb/goofy thing FI has done since we got engaged, I could pay for the whole wedding and then some. He started it off goofy - he put the ring on the wrong hand when he proposed. ;)

He nixed my favourite china pattern because he didn't like the shape of the handles on the tea cups... yeah. He won't let me register for a waffle maker because he wants to "research it some more." He had no idea there were multiple kinds of veils. Neither did he know that he needed to order and get fitted for a tux (thought he could just go in and pick everything out in his size and take it home). There have been so many others... I know there was something really silly about the cake design, I just can't remember what he said, exactly. OH, and he wanted to book Lee Forrest as soon as we got his proposal - just because he mailed it to us using Simpson's stamps. He cracks me up.
  • ericak926ericak926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When FI and I were registering his pen broke and I had ink all over my hands. I left him alone while I ran to the restroom to wash the ink off. I come out and we finish going through the store. When we were done, I handed in the scanner and they printed out our registry. I got to the last page and was like "how'd Sweedish Fish get on here?" Apparently in the two minutes it took me to wash my hands, he had a little fun with the scanner and put candy on there which wasn't so funny becuase he has a sweet tooth and I told him that we put stuff on there that we want, but he doesn't even like Sweedish Fish! His reaction was the funniest part because he didn't know it would show up on there that fast!
  • edited December 2011
    DH was EXTREMELY opinionated when we were registering. Both our china and flatware patterns were his choice. I got to veto his uber-classic crystal pattern for the slightly more contemporary version of the same pattern only because he doesn't drink so he'll never use the stemware! He was bartering with me while we were registering: "You can pick the every day dinnerware and flatware if I can pick the comforter set we register for!" So I picked out our dishes which we got, and nobody bought us the bedding Tongue out He was also super opinionated when it came to flowers, ceremony music selection, and formality for the wedding as a whole. At least I can never say he didn't contribute to the planning process, haha Cool
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My almost 39 year hold H is obsessed with Family Guy.  Well last weekend FG was new and he got home from work just in time for it to start and he ran in the house, ran into the bedroom, and a couple seconds later came running out in a pair of batman pj pants (Batman is another obsession of his) and gets to the end of the hallway and stops dead in his tracks and turns around and runs back to the bedroom and comes running back out in his family guy pjs pants and says "its family guy night" lol.  Such a nerd lol
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah mine wasn't wedding or registry related because I don't remember any funny wedding moments cause its been so long and well we didn't register lol
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    ROFL Jess that's hilarious!! Overgrown kid, much? I LOVE it!!
  • edited December 2011

Registering was another comical event.  My mom came with us.  FI is very particular about stuff and really cared about what we registered for for the most part.  Picking out the china pattern was easy b/c we have similar taste but it was stuff that he got so excited over like the panini press and the kitchen knives and the pots and pans and other funny kitchen gadets.  I would pick some gadget out that I wanted and he would explain to me why i didnt need it and then would walk over and pick something really dumb out and say how much we needed it and was serious!  We were at BB&B for over 3 hours and I think the only thing that kept him focused was that he got to use the scanner gun! 

• cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    edited December 2011
    Wedding related: The registry... i think that explains it all! He went in there all gun-ho about all the kitchen appliances and just started scanning a whole bunch of stuff but as soon as i wanted to put something on there, he had to make sure it was "worth" being on the registry! He registered for 3 cuttingboards! LOL. One for fruits and vegetables, one for meats, and another for...i forget! They were all like 20-25 dollars each because they had to be color coded. When i took a look at the registry a few days ago, i deleted all of them! LOL. I dont want someone going to the store to get a cutting board...i can buy that myself ( i mean i know we can buy anything we want ourselves..but we can REALLY buy the cutting boards IMO)

Other: we went house hunting this weekend and got to Clermont where they have HUGE homes! One of them was like 3600 sq feet. FI gets inside and is just running from room to room and screaming about how big this house is and how he loves it! You would have thought he drank like 6 energy drinks! He was bouncing off the walls! I told him i didnt like the house...and then his mood changed...but the bouncing off the walls was HILARIOUS!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Jess, it's actually a good idea to have separate cutting board for meats, veggies, and whatnot. Prevents cross-contamination, because as much as you scrub those things, you just can't get all of the bacteria off of them without using bleach (NOT recommended! lol!). And wood cutting boards are actually supposed to be better than plastic/resin/whatever else, because they'll absorb any remaining bacteria and pull them away from the cutting surface, whereas on a plastic board, when you wash it they just all get spread around and it doesn't help all that much.

So shoot, splurge on really good bamboo cutting boards. It's for your health!

My parents are microbiologists, so.... yeah. :)
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa,

I know it is good to have diff cutting boards. FI is a chef so what he says goes in the kitchen! I just didnt want to have all 3 of them on the wedding registry! I felt like it was one of those items (or in this case 3..hehe) of those items that we could buy ourselves or that I would prefer for us to buy ourselves as opposed to getting it as a wedding gift. My logic is messed up i guess, but i would just prefer for people to purchase (if they end up purchasing) something else on the registry as opposed to the cutting boards!

It is definitely a smart idea, too many bacterias running around! FI is a little OCD (he scrubs the bathtub every time he takes a shower, he folds all his clothes or places them back in the closet every night, he uses coasters...he is a clean freak) so having these boards was a must, and i think a very smart choice!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG that's too funny. I get what you're saying, though. There were some things we didn't really want to register for either.
  • edited December 2011
    ya when we were registering i feel like FI's favorite phrase was we can find that at Ross later and I'll buy you it, you don't need to bother with registering for it!  haha  It's true but you need some of those items on the registry for people who are on tight budgets.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, when we went to register, FI seemed a little bored after a while, but he kept insisting that he wasn't. He had the scanner the whole time, and when I looked at the registry later, there was the most random things on there.

There was a case of water, an Axe body wash gift set, a large box of crayons, and random toys including something called a "Big Hair Ball".
  • edited December 2011
    haha I love that!  What is a big hair ball?
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the hair ball:

http://www.target.com/dp/B001GF7H7C/sr=1-2/qid=1266985296/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_2_2/186-2888193-2752940?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Abig%20hair%20ball&page=1

It's just a rubber squishy ball covered in like rubbery cilia (for lack of a better word). If there's a picture, you can see what it is better, but It's just funny to see the name listed and have no clue what it is.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards