Florida-Central Florida
Options

Orlando outdoor reception in October

We are getting married alone in Hawaii on September 27th.  We are stayig there a week, then coming home and having the reception at our house.  We have a huge backyard and want to rent a tent and have an outdoor reception in the evening October 8th.  My fiance is concerned it will be to hot.  Anyone else have outdoor receptions/weddings in October in Florida?

Re: Orlando outdoor reception in October

• Options
    edited December 2011
    October is such a weird month, which I measure in Halloweens since that's the only day I ever remember in October... some years it's freezing, other years you sweat. Florida is super unpredictable. If you are budget concious stick with the backyard - but you may find renting a city building could be cheaper then even renting a tent (they can be pretty pricey depending on the size). If it rains do you really want to be stuck outside (even with a tent - it would be LOUD) - is your house large enough to accomodate your guests is absolutely necessary? Just a few things to consider. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weather IS finicky in October. It seems like it's generally still hot in early October, though. I'm not sure how to get around that other than having fans as well, which would be not-so-cute. :( What about having it at night? That might help a little. How large is your reception going to be? Remember that you'll also have to consider parking for the group - you probably don't want your neighbours to hate you after this shin-dig. Hope you find a way to make it work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having my outdoor wedding at the end of October. I was iffy about the weather as well but when I spoke to my wedding coordinator from my venue, she assured me that October was a really good month to get married in. She actually is getting married this October at our venue (which is actually where she works). I also am worried about mosquitos but my mother and I thought of an idea. We figure we could put small bottles of off on the tables for guests to use if they deside they are uncomfortable and if they decide they are fine then they can opt not to use it. But at least they will have the option.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards