Florida-Central Florida

Timaquan Golf and Country Club

Has anyone been to a wedding or event there, or is holding their wedding there? This is a new possible contender for my new venue search. 

Ladies getting married in Altamonte Springs area, where did you have your reception or where are you. 

Please don't suggest LMEC because it is super pretty but was not available for my date back in August. 

We are kinda scrambling right now thanks!

TIA!

Re: Timaquan Golf and Country Club

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the golf club but we are having our reception at the Sheraton in Maitland. The staff are great and the ballroom is elegant without being overly ornate.

Good luck unfortunatly the Altamonte area is lacking in a great venue (in my opinion).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • edited December 2011
    If you like that venue, you could always book your venue for a day it's available instead of looking for a venue available on the one specific date you want. We tried that too, and ended up having to be flexible. It might make your life easier.
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Timaquan is nice, I haven't been to a wedding there though. There is also Alaqua Country Club. It seems like you like the Country Club idea, other than that there is hotels- Embassy Suites or the Marriott.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at the Hilton Alamonte Springs (near the Altamonte Mall). They recently gutted the place, and it looks really good. Plus they're trying to get more weddings, so they're very flexible and great with budgets. Good luck! 
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Mariott in Lake Mary and I believe there is also a new W hotel in Lake Mary/Heathrow as well that might be nice.  It's slightly farther but there is also Highland Manor in Apopka.  It's about 20 minutes or so from Annunciation and very beautiful.  There's also Holy Trinity Reception center.  
  • edited December 2011
    our date is set, mainly because we can only marry on Saturdays with our Church and want to marry late October.

Lake Mary Event center is out which is ok they were not the nicest to us.

FI doesn't like the "southern" look and so highland manor got ruled out but yes very beautiful I was at a wedding there when I was younger.

Haven't seen Trinity Reception Center but it is on the list - What is it like? Is it pretty?

Marriot is out because they are already booked with an event every year on that weekend, but our guests have a block of rooms there and at the residence Inn next door. The W is really expensive and not that impressive inside.  Thanks for the suggestion about the Hilton will have to check that out, I haven't been there since the remodel.

Reason we liked Heathrow so much was not only the interiors but that there was such beautiful nature around for pictures and to look out on. I just feel closed in, in hotel ballrooms personally.

Timaquan was suggested by our planner, and I don't know much about it so I thought I'd ask here. 

We also have contact into Alaqua, though I kinda think they won't have enough room if my memory serves right from the first time we looked.

I wish northern orlando had more options.  Theresa didn't you have yours down at one the universal hotels?  Did that seem like a far drive for the guests or no?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely check out the HIlton Altamonte Springs. You mentioned not wanting to be closed in. The smaller ballroom has a large window, which is kind of a nice touch!

We also looked at Holy Trinity. We felt it was a little pricey to rent for what you got. Plus with the hotel option you can put the rent money toward the food/decor/etc, which is kind of nice. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    we probably wouldn't fit into a small ballroom with about 200 guests but I have my planner looking into it.

She also suggested if we went further out that redtail country club for us. 

Looking into the Mezz as well downtown, if anyone knows about that location.
  • edited December 2011
    We checked out Holy Trinity but didn't like that it didn't have a cocktail hour area, and you had to pay for the dance floor.

Good luck, I hate to say it but you might have to compromise on something to keep your date!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • edited December 2011
    I'd be interested in knowing more about The Mezz! It looks awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Close to Highland Manor is the Lakeside Inn in Mount Dora :). That's where we're getting married. You can try there. I checked out Timacuan and it looks very pretty for a ceremony and reception but their price range per person and renting the space was out of our budget. Hope any of the suggestions help! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Mount Dora is kinda far four our guests to drive from the ceremony and back from altamonte springs/longwood area. 

I have my planner Ashlie from Weddings in the City checking out places for me on dates available etc.

I'll let you know what she comes back with the met. We might have to push our date back a weekend which I am actually not at all happy about since I love our date. It might seem silly.
  • aleznoffaleznoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a former event planner (not a wedding planner though).  I planned an event at Timaquan.  I enjoyed working with the staff.  The event that I hosted was specifically for senior citizens, and we had to have someone drive them up in golf carts to the elevated location.  This venue has the potential to being nice if it is properly decorated.  To me, it has an outdated feel to it. 

I have also hosted an event at Holy Trinity and loved it.  I loved working with the coordinator, Amy.  She is so nice and helpful.  I would have seriously considered this venue for my wedding, but since I am Jewish, not so much. ;-)

There is nothing that I can think of in Altamonte, and I am pretty formilliar with that area since I used to be the Marketing Director for Altamonte Mall.  I would suggest trying the Westin in Heathrow or the country club in Alaqua. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards