Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Has anyone been to the Majestic Colonial resort in Punta Cana,Dominican Republic?

Hi all, so just trying to get some Honeymoon ideas. Has anyone been to the Majestic Colonial all-inclusive hotel in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic? It looks pretty great. It caught my eye because CNN travel had it listed as 1 of the top 10 budget friendly all inclusive resorts

Definitely want all inclusive resort where we can do things snorkeling, parasailing, etc. and ideally we're looking for a room with a luxurious bathroom thats close to or on the beach.

If you're staying in the Domincan Republic where are you staying? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! <3 Happy Planning
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone been to the Majestic Colonial resort in Punta Cana,Dominican Republic?

• Options
    I stayed at the newer, semi-attached, sister resort Majestic Elegance. It was gorgeous! BUT EVERYone we talked to (almost) had stayed at Colonial and was trying Elegance because it was new and they were running deals. They all said they will go immediately back to Colonial! I'd say good location, very pretty and nice beaches, and from the sounds, Colonial is the way to go. There is a market with in walking distance outside of the resort that was cute too. It helped that my sister is fluent in spanish too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to the Colonial in June and staying in their new adults only section! It was our #1 choice since we decided on Punta Cana based on price and what's included. We read a lot of reviews and most people seem pleased with the resort.
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to the Colonial for DH's 30th birthday in the spring and we booked a club room suite which especially for a honeymoon I highly suggest paying the extra $20 a night for.

The club part of the resort is adults only, you'll have a butler, a jacuzzi in your bathroom and another one outside on your private terrace, 4 liquor bottles in your room, a la carte breakfast and lunch instead of going to the buffets, 2 private adults only bars including a swim up bar, private VIP check in, and access to the private adults only area on their beach.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the feedback, great to hear! Yeah club room suite sounds like the way to go..
    cnhelbert and SuMmErKuTiE I'd love to hear about your trips in the Spring and Summer and get a better idea of the prices or any recommendations you might have. 

<3 HAPPY PLANNING
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We stayed at the Majestic Colonial in December 2010. It was awesome. The pool and the bartenders/pool entertainment were the best. When you check in "tip" and ask for a room with a view of the beach. The only negative we had was the food...not surprising since the food at most all inclusives is usually sub-par. We would definitely go back---go ziplining, buy souvenirs at the market next door (bargain for lower prices), and watch out for the mama juana!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards