Florida-Central Florida
Options

Marriage License- From which county?

So, this may be a dumb question, but I don't know, so I'm asking.  :)

I live in Seminole County and so does FI. We are getting marreid in Orange County. So do I have to get my marriage license from Orange County?? Or is it a state-issued thing and doesn't matter which county clerk I go to?

Re: Marriage License- From which county?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a state license, so its valid anywhere in the state.  DH and I live in Ft. Lauderdale, so we got our license here (Broward County) but got married at Disney (Osceola County).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah it doesn't matter as long as it's the state of FL. We live in NY and did the marriage license by mail which is Brevard County I think? even though we are getting married near Disney.

• Options
    skhynesskhynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in Osceola county and got our license and live in Seminole country, so no, it makes no difference.  Just as a note, we ended up getting out license in Seminole county because they offered a bigger discount for marriage counseling than Orange county did.  Don't know if it's still like that though.

Sorry for the Italics, I can't turn the freaking thing off!
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thank you all for the info. I really didn't want to go to Orange County and wait in their lines and stuff if I didn't have to. Seminole County usually seems to be less busy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards