Florida-Central Florida

Avg. Cost of Hair & Makeup?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I should expect to pay for professional hair and makeup for my wedding in the Orlando area. I have never had professional makeup done before and I normally don't do anything special with my hair. I want to have someone come to me on my wedding day but I'm not sure what I should be expected to spend. I have seen prices that seem fairly expensive  but perhaps those prices are normal.

Thanks for your help.
Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com

Re: Avg. Cost of Hair & Makeup?

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid 90 for airbrush make up plus 45 for a trial and then I paid 65 for my hair plus another 25 or 30 for them to come to me.  I paid about 60 for my hair trial as well.  Other hair stylists charged around 100 for hair plus cost of travel.  
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting airbrushing done so that is $90 (regular makeup is $75), and since I got the infor from the knot, I was told for hair, I was going to be charged between $45-85.  I am being charged $75 because my hair has a lot of detail in it.  The trials cost half of the total (make up= $45, hair=$35ish)  She catered to my needs and did make up the way I wanted it.  I don't normally wear too much make up so I didn't want to not look like myself.  She is also coming to me and charging a very small fee since I am outside of Orlando.    These prices are the cheapest that I have seen....

Theresa: I wonder if we are talking about the same person?!? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bumblebee, someone on here posted a really bad review of Deb's do's a while back. I  can't remember too much about it but you could search for it.  Just want to give you a heads up.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your feedback. You've basically confirmed for me that the prices I'm seeing are normal. Now I know what to budget.

Appreciate your help.
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Beaute Speciale.  They have great reviews on weddingwire and competitive prices.

PRICING LIST

Hair Services:
    $75 Long Hair
    $65 Medium Length Hair (chin/neck length)
    $60 Short Hair
    $50 Children (ages 5-11)
    $40 Children (4 and under)

Make-up Services:
    $60 Regular Make-up Service
    $80 Airbrush Make-up Service
    $40 Eyes Only
    $10 For Eye Lashes (pair)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards