Honeymoon Discussions

W Hotels

Hi all,

Have any of you stayed at the W Hotel and Retreat in Vieques, Puerto Rico?

It's got mixed reviews online, but looks fantastic and the positive reviews make it sound wonderful. I've never stayed at a W Hotel but from what I hear they have great service.

Any reviews on this hotel, or on others by W, would be appreciated!

Re: W Hotels

• I've never been to that one in particular, but I have been to quite a few others and they have all been wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't been to that one, but I've stayed at a few other Ws, and I've never had a bad experience.  The W in Vieques is actually on my "bucket list" of places that I want to go.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • W Hotels tend to be solid.  They are supposed to be hip, relatively upscale hotels that cater to 20 and 30-somethings.  If your dream hotel looks like the fancy section of Ikea, the W is for you.  :P
  • hahaha, mica's description of the W being modeled like the "fancy section at Ikea" is spot on.

I stayed at the W in Chicago and it is definitely a hotel that is trying really hard to be swanky.  I didn't particularly experience any part of the customer service that was exceptionally different.  They let you rent iPods and have strange cube shaped pillows decorating the beds.  The beds were comfortable but nothing about the room was particularly out of the ordinary, other than "modern" designs.  The spa was nice but extremely overpriced. 

No idea if the W in Puerto Rico is anything like this one or not.  Personally, the W in Chicago was nice and had some unique modern decorations, but it seemed overpriced for what you got (a small and fairly generic hotel room + some modern details). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards