Florida-Central Florida
Options

Cakes

We met with Julie at Cut the Cake today - yum! We're also going to meet with Mary Grace at Belladonna soon, and decide between the two of them. I'm excited!

I've also go cake flavours on the brain now. What do you think of these combos?

Chocolate w/ raspberry swirled into it, fudge filling
Vanilla w/ lemon swirled into it, coconut filling (OMG sooo good)
Orange-flavoured cake w/ cream cheese filling (like a dreamsicle!)

I also really like the orange cake/raspberry filling combo, but FI thinks that no one will eat that but me. :)

I guess the chocolate should be the biggest layer since probably more people would eat that than the other two... and then what? The lemon/coconut, or the orange? Not sure which would be the least appealing to the masses, and I guess whichever flavour that is should go on the top. 

Thoughts? TIA!

Re: Cakes

• Options
    sunflowr0803sunflowr0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm. I would TOTALLY eat the orange cake/raspberry filling combo! That sounds delicious.

I think the lemon/coconut also sounds DELICIOUS! And seeing that it looks more "normal" than the orange cake, my guess is that people would veer toward that.

But it's your wedding, you get whichever flavor you want! You could always put the orange/raspberry one in the top tier & save that one for later! :)
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YUM!  they all sound delicious!  the orange/cream cheese combo sounds great!  it's different.  I agree the choc sould be the largest.  It's pretty safe, most ppl like anything choc.  myself included!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever end up meeting with Tasty too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brit, we met with Heather at It's Tasty Too on Sunday. I know I'm going to get burned at the stake for this, but we didn't really like her cakes. We were both much happier with the texture and flavours of Julie's cakes (they were more moist, too), and FI liked her fillings better. Julie also offered to do custom flavours for the same price as her other flavours. Her cakes are $1/slice more than Heather's, but I think we're ok with that. HTH
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be perfectly honest, I dislike both cream cheese and coconut so I would really just want the chocolate. But, if I had to choose between the other two, I'd prefer the vanilla lemon. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's fine. I don't think you should get burned for that! lol If you liked other people's cakes better than you liked them better. I was just curious. Smile

And I think all of the flavor combinations sound awesome! It is really up to you on which you want more.  But, I would probably like the vanilla one the more (if FI had a vote he would say orange... so I guess I'm pretty neutral on this. lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the opinions, ladies. I had a feeling coconut and orange could be pretty polarising, so I figured chocolate would be the best for the largest layer. :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards