Florida-Central Florida

Church Street Ballroom?????

Has anyone heard any good or bad about this venue me and my fiancee are considering this venue....we are scheduled to go look at it....I've googled to see if anyone has anything to say about this venue and can't seem to find anywhere that has comments about this location...or if anyone knows where I can find feedback about this venue that would be great because I think my little heart is content on the church street ballroom...Laughing

Re: Church Street Ballroom?????

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe you need to contact the lady from puff n stuff catering for information.  They lease it out on a yearly basis so they never book dates more than a year in advance.  You have to use Puff n Stuff catering for your food but they are highly rated and their prices are reasonable.  There is a rental fee for the ballroom but I can't remember how much it is.  I think somewhere around 1500 to 2000.  Have you seen the inside of the ballroom ever?  I have to say, I was really excited to go to the ballroom but I was disappointed with the inside.  I thought it would be as beautiful and elegant as the outside.  The foyer is very nice. But, when you see the inside of the ballroom, it doesn't match the outside.  It looks more along the lines of 1920's speakeasy.  It is all red and gold with dark wood along all of the walls and a gold tin ceiling.  If the looks don't matter as much as location and price, I'd say it's a great place.   If you want reviews on the location itself, I'm not sure where you could go. But for service and food reviews, there's plenty of info from former brides here about Puff n Stuff catering.  I've generally heard pretty good things about them. 
  • edited December 2011
    My little heart was set on it too, but the prices ended up being more then we wanted to stomach! The places is beyond gorgeous!  If you are doing cocktails you have the downstairs plus two fenced courtyards and the hallway upstairs.Call Sandy at Puff N Stuff. The rental is $2,000 they only rent out 1 year in advance and their are options for food packages. They rent the chair linens for extra $5 a chair I think. It is a beautiful place, but what killed us besides price is 80% of our guests are from out of town and the nearby hotels were 1) expensive or 2) didn't off onsite parking.

I might have the menues saved in my email if you want. Let me know.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there recently and it was beautiful!  I think the bride was able to get business pricing somehow, so it was slightly more affordable. You may want to ask Puff n Stuff if they have any packages other than "official" wedding packages.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there back in July 2008.  It was a great venue for us!  PP are correct -- Puff n Stuff is the only caterer and they handle all the bookings for the location.  However, you can bring in other vendors for everything else.  We had very good service from Puff n Stuff and found that the prices were really good compared to other locations we were considering.  I would say that it's a better deal if you're having a slightly bigger wedding because you get the whole building.  It might not be worth it if you didn't need that much space.  We had about 200 guests and it was perfect.  Enjoy your visit!  Once I saw the interior and the courtyards, I was sold and ready to book ASAP.  You can see some pictures in my signature link below and you want other specific info, let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards