Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England

We just book our cruies to italy, france, Spain and England. We have a over night in barcelona near the dock and and over night in london heathrow airport... we need suggestions of hotels. Doesnt need to be fancy, but somewhere nice.

Re: Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-to-italy-frasnce-spain-and-england?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:b6914c66-a560-4930-88b1-8458ff10f864Post:c4292112-68b0-4a03-a5b1-bd8f134b3145">Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just book our cruies to italy, france, Spain and England. We have a over night in barcelona near the dock and and over night in london heathrow airport... we need suggestions of hotels. Doesnt need to be fancy, but somewhere nice.
    Posted by britabit56[/QUOTE]

When do your flights come in / go out of Heathrow? Do you want suggestions for in the city or by the airport? It's about 45 minutes on the tube from Heathrow to downtown London, so if your morning flight is very early, I would probably just stay at the Sofitel, which is adjacent to Heathrow T5. It's very nice for the price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My brother used to work for Sofitel (in the States) and hooked my parents up with a room at Heathrow Sofitel once when they're flight got in late.  They really liked it and it's super convenient.

Also, as a word of advice, in my experience Heathrow customs is the longest of anywhere I've traveled.  I would plan on an hour, at least, to go through customs upon your arrival.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-to-italy-frasnce-spain-and-england?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:b6914c66-a560-4930-88b1-8458ff10f864Post:ee99907a-b28d-4a24-b2b5-17f564c80d46">Re:Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm leaving for a similar cruise a week from today, with my mom. : In Barcelona we're staying at the Marriott AC Hotel Sants. I picked it for proximity to metro stops, location near the city center so we could check out some of Barcelona before we leave and also ease of getting to the dock. It wasn't top pricey, about 100 US. I'll let you know if it turns out to be a good call!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

We went in Barcelona it April.  You'll be west of "city center" and main tourist sports but metro is very easy to navigate! How much time do you have in BCN?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-to-italy-frasnce-spain-and-england?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:b6914c66-a560-4930-88b1-8458ff10f864Post:f28825e8-f55f-490c-9470-0a22a888064c">Re:Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Cruise to italy, France, Spain and England : Two days!  I'm excited for the cruise, but even more excited for two days to roam Barcelona!!!  If I were just me I'd be traveling Europe by train, but my mom's never been so we chose the cruise because it made her feel more comfortable as a first timer.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Nice; my must-see for 2 days there would be Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia and Casa Batlo (There are 2 Gaudi homes to see La Pedrera/Casa Mila and Casa Batlo.  We did both.  We did La Pedrera first and actually were disappointed.  We'd planned on doing only one, but when we walked by Batlo and saw there wasn't a line, we figured we may as well; it was MUCH better)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards