Honeymoon Discussions

Colorado

Any suggestions for a honeymoon around Colorado or somewhere similar with ski resorts? Would love an inclusive resort where you could take lessons! Thanks

Re: Colorado

• Hi, I don't usually post on here, but I do read it occaisonally:) Anyway, I have been to a bunch of place in CO. We just stayed at The Westin in Avon (Beaver Creek) and it was awesome. I really loved the resort. They have a gondola that comes into the resort and goes right up to BC Village. It isn't in the village though. It is brand new has great amenities and it beautiful. I know they rent out regular rooms and rooms that are pretty much condos, which looked super nice. I haven't been to Aspen, but if we were getting married earlier in the season I would definitely honeymoon there. :)
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • We are CO natives & honeymooned in Telluride & it was AMAZING!  We rented a condo for a week & stayed in Mountain Village.  It was just a very short walk from the Gondola that goes up the mountain & into Telluride.  Although there are lots of other places to stay in the actual town of Telluride if you wanted.  Many of the places in Mountain Village & Telluride are ski in/ski out.  Another place we thought about honeymooning was Pagosa Springs.  The have a beautiful resort called "The Springs Resort" & its close enough to Wolf Creek (awesome skiing)...but didn't have as much "charm" as Telluride for us :) 

Other places to think about for an amazing winter honeymoon are Jackson Hole, WY, Whistler BC and Park City UT
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • well personally i am having my wedding in the fall in this great place with AMAZING fudge and the rocky mountain national park is real close....but idk if there is a ski resort...lol. i was born and raised in Colorado and lived there for 12 years and never been skiing...lol...
    but the place in Estes Park...it is beautiful up there...
    good luck...hope i helped :)Laughing
  • Neither of us have ever been skiing, either! We wanted to try something new for the honeymoon! :) Thank you girls for the suggestions!
  • I'd also recommend the Westin at Avon (Beaver Creek, CO).  We had our DW there and it was beautiful - reception in the Grand Ballroom.  All of our guests - as well as the two of us - stayed there and loved it.  Check out my wedding video (in bio) for views of the hotel and some of the surrounding scenery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards