Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December

Anyone been here? I've already heard about the beach, but also know it was recently upgraded (although still not super awesome). 

We are looking to go there for 10 days over Christmas, so this was the only place under $10,000 for an all-inclusive w/airfare. 

Just want opinions on how it is & how the weather will be.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December

• Options
    I was there during the summer. It's a very active resort focused on a modern, hip experience rather than a romantic one. I'm absolutely shocked that you're looking at $10K, even at Xmas time. Personally, i would not pay that much to go there, as it wasn't my style. I felt there were too many rowdy couples and too much going on. However, some people really enjoy that and it might be for you!

• Options
    It was 10k for aruba, st lucia, & another resort in riviera maya, etc. This was is 6k all inclusive with air & airport transportation & trip insurance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Have you checked with a travel agent? Xmas is the most expensive time of the year to travel to the Caribbean, but this early out you should still be able to snag a decent deal if you are flexible on the island.

ETA: Try Costco Travel. We've used them before and they have excellent prices.

• Options
    Yes, we are booking with a travel agent. I've had her searching all over the caribbean & riviera maya! Islands were too expensive for our budget right now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Try searching Antigua on Costco Travel. I just put in a basic search from Chicago and there were several packages ranging from 5600 to 7600 for ten days over the Xmas holiday.  Also, Couples Swept Away in Negril (which has an excellent beach) is available for around $6000.

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_secrets-silversands-riviera-maya-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6c5faf6-561b-4a04-a3c0-5e5a54d1b01bPost:42903743-2289-405d-8da2-6c3dda139713">Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try searching Antigua on Costco Travel. I just put in a basic search from Chicago and there were several packages ranging from 5600 to 7600 for ten days over the Xmas holiday.  Also, Couples Swept Away in Negril (which has an excellent beach) is available for around $6000.  
    Posted by winniethepiglet[/QUOTE]

My SIL and bro did a Secrets "Tour" vacation and spent time at Silversands, Capri and Maroma.  They said at <strong>Silversands</strong> (update!) the beach was terrible, the food was just okay and the facilities were the oldest of the bunch.

We HMed at Maroma, and hearing her review, if I were you I'd consider staying at one of the other results for a shorter amount of time. If you're spending that much money, I'd want the best!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_secrets-silversands-riviera-maya-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6c5faf6-561b-4a04-a3c0-5e5a54d1b01bPost:7845f9fc-366e-47a9-a541-67d3fac78f9a">Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December : My SIL and bro did a Secrets "Tour" vacation and spent time at Silversands, Capri and Maroma.  <strong>They said at Capri the beach was terrible, the food was just okay and the facilities were the oldest of the bunch.</strong> We HMed at Maroma, and hearing her review, if I were you I'd consider staying at one of the other results for a shorter amount of time. If you're spending that much money, I'd want the best!
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

I stayed at Capri and the beach and facilities were fine. Our room was very modern with nice amenties. The food was okay as far as all-inclusives go.  The Sillversands beach however is man-made and pretty terrible.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_secrets-silversands-riviera-maya-december?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6c5faf6-561b-4a04-a3c0-5e5a54d1b01bPost:0c75c1db-b6ab-47e8-b6e3-e4f6617beba4">Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya- December : I stayed at Capri and the beach and facilities were fine. Our room was very modern with nice amenties. The food was okay as far as all-inclusives go.  The Sillversands beach however is man-made and pretty terrible.
    Posted by winniethepiglet[/QUOTE]

Shoot, sorry!!! I meant Silversands!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards