Honeymoon Discussions

Carribean Cruise

OK so my fiance and I have decided to take a Carribean cruise for our honeymoon.  The wedding is in March 2011 and we were thinking about cruising in April 2011.  Because my fiance doesn't fly we need to leave port from NYC or Baltimore (close and have family/friends in both cities to leave our car at).  My question is does anyone have any suggestions on booking cruises.  My fiance and I are cruise virgins.  Anything would be helpful.  Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Carribean Cruise

• from new york and baltimore i know for sure there is cruises to bermuda and the bahamas.
  • I always use Diane at Happy Cruisers... www.happycruisers.com :-)
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I strongly recommend Royal Caribbean over any other cruise line... especially for a honeymoon. Carnival & Celebrity are kind party ships / family cruises... Royal Caribbean tends to be a lot more couples / adults.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• I would definitely use cruise critic to get information about cruising in general.

As for specific cruise lines, I would recommend Norwegian, Princess or Royal Caribbean.

Once you actually find a cruise that you like visit cruisecompete.com.  It is a free site that allows you to enter your specific cruise information and it brings back quotes from a variety of travel agencies.
  • We always use our travel agent at AAA to book our cruises...because well, they tend to have the best rates around. 

I second cruise critic.  I went on there after we booked ours and found out a lot about our ship.  It has some really good information.

Leaving out of NY or even try Newark, NJ, Royal caribbean definitely goes to the caribbean.  However, our TA told us to stick with Princess or Norwegian for our honeymoon.  IMO Royal is still too family and fun oriented, and personally, I want relaxing and romantic.  So we went with Princess for our European cruise for our honeymoon.  FI has cruised with them before to the Caribbean and loved it.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Go to cruisecritic
    I much prefer Royal Caribbean over Carnival.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards