Honeymoon Discussions

Price for Secrets Maroma in Mexico

We just visited a TA and he quoted us a price of $3,600 for 5 nights at Secrets Maroma for next July. That includes airfare, insurance, transfers. Does that sound about right or a little high?

Re: Price for Secrets Maroma in Mexico

• Now do the same thing yourself on Expedia.com and you will see, I went to an agent then went to Expedia.com and did much better.
  • i agree, go to expedia and see what their prices look like.  i think they were just a little less than this when i looked last week.  also, a lot of travel agent will match the lowest price you find--so if you tell them "hey look, i found the same thing on expedia for $500 less" they will probably match it.  good luck!
  • good agents will pricematch.  My TA matched orbitz for my bachorlette party..I used Jen at VIP and she was wonderful with getting us the lowest prices.
  • We are booked for 7 nights at Maroma this October including flight, insurance, preference club and tranfers we're paying $4200. We booked through our travel agent at Apple.
  • Sounds high to me....I am paying 3700 for 10 nights/11days at Secrets Maroma for airfare, transfers, insurance, hotel (AI) and it is an oceanview suite....I booked through Orbitz...I found them to be the cheapest....Liberty Travel quoted me 4800 for the same itinerary.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Def look at Apple Vacations. They were the best deals I found on any of the AM Resorts.
  • We paid $3700 for 6 nights at SMB with a swim-out including non-stop airfare out of Orlando.  We skipped out on insurance and were lucky that we didn't need it.  BTW... dont' splurge on the oceanview at this property.  There really is not an oceanview due to the beautiful palm trees...  they are as tall as the 4th floors so you really can't see much.  We booked through Jen at VIP and her price was less than expedia and cheap carribean.  She would have matched their prices too.  It's an amazing resort and we're going back next year!
    jeannie ♥ harry {05.01.10}
    married bio with vendor reviews
    planning bio
  • we are going for 7nights/8days and we paid about 4500 including our flight from Seattle, Washington. We booked through Joann at VIP. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards