Outdoor Weddings

Beach wedding in Tahiti

Hi All!

I'm planning a small destination wedding. We'd love to get married Oct 2 but realize how soon that is (we are open to other dates and early November as well).

Has anyone gotten married in Tahiti and have any recommendaitons of resorts to have a beach wedding?

I was thinking it would be easier to do on the island of Tahiti for our East Coast guests (less traveling) but everything I keep coming across suggests Bora Bora or Moorea. Thoughts?

Thanks!

:)

Re: Beach wedding in Tahiti

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_beach-wedding-in-tahiti?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:2b368847-6fb3-4c67-8534-7f113eb83fa0Post:1b8a7367-e3c6-4455-acf6-082eefe7e262">Beach wedding in Tahiti</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All! I'm planning a small destination wedding. We'd love to get married Oct 2 but realize how soon that is (we are open to other dates and early November as well). Has anyone gotten married in Tahiti and have any recommendaitons of resorts to have a beach wedding? I was thinking it would be easier to do on the island of Tahiti for our East Coast guests (<strong>less traveling</strong>) but everything I keep coming across suggests Bora Bora or Moorea. Thoughts? Thanks! :)
    Posted by aandm12[/QUOTE]

Less traveling as compared to where?

I believe Moorea is only a 10 min flight from Tahiti and Bora Bora is about a 45 min flight from Tahiti.  All flights land in Tahiti first.  As an east coast guest, I'm already on a plane for 6 hours to LA and then 8 hours to Tahiti.  What's another 10 or 45 min?  I've heard better things abour Moorea and Bora Bora, so I'd definitely pick one of those islands over Tahiti.

Regardless, that's alot of travel time whichever island you have it on.  And unless you're paying for your guests, it's also alot of money for them IF they decide to make the journey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards