Outdoor Weddings
Options

plans after an afternoon wedding?

Hey Brides-to-be! :)

I'm having an outdoor afternoon wedding (11am-4pm) and I'm torn what to do after the wedding!  I wanted to continue the party with bridal party/close friends, but torn on the best option.  I was going to keep it simple and do a casual get together at my house to continue the drinking and dancing (since it is an open premium bar).  I do want to have a gap and expect people maybe at 8pm ish, mainly because I would assume they may be hungry again at some point and we might want some alone time.  Then I played with the idea of going to a lounge for the night but I worry it may be tacky? Last idea was reserving a block of rooms at a hotel (since most would be drinking anyway) so we can do something in the hotel bar or our suite?  I don't know which idea is crazier! 

Anyone in the same boat as me?  Any comments/suggestions?  Or have you had/attended a similar wedding to this and have any words or wisdom? 

Re: plans after an afternoon wedding?

• Options
     "I would vote for NOT doing it in your suite,because then you have to worry about getting everyone to leave. "

Haha, true.  I went to a couple college buddies' wedding last year (we all hadn't seen each other in 5 yrs) and we had an afterparty at a bar, then an after-afterparty in their bridal suite.  Had a ton of fun and they finally had to kick us out at 4 am.... oh yeah, I guess the couple wants some alone time!?  It was super fun for all involved though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards