Outdoor Weddings
Options

Walking down the outdoor aisle

So... I am very excited to be getting married outdoors!  But of course I want everything and I chose a dress with a train that I really don't want to put up until the reception.. I am walking on both concrete and grass at a local park.... is it going to get filthy??   B/c then the bustle will look awful the whole rest of the day...  can I have someone carry it for me?  My bridesmaid?  Or Maid of Honor? Please help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Walking down the outdoor aisle

• Options
    I thought about that too. I'm getting an american bustle and hopefully it won't show much if it's a little dirty along the edges.

• Options
    I have this dilemma as well. My train has some lace that I am very worried about getting caught on the concrete, as well as it getting a little dirty. I think I will have FI's neices (ages 12 & 14) carry my train down the aisle. I will probably carry it myself for going around taking pictures.

I think your MOH or bridesmaid could carry it.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I was married in a garden with a brick pathway (although my train did not entirely fit on the brick) and my dress wasn't very dirty at all after the ceremony.  It was also pouring down rain up until 20 minutes before the ceremony so it was still a bit damp.  I also had a veil that was longer than my train and it didn't snag once on the brick or ground.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a train and we got married on a brick patio.  My dress did get a little dirty, but I think that is what you sign up for when you get married outside. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have 3 nephews and since we want them to each be a part of the wedding we are having 1 as the ring bearer, 1 and the attendent who passes out the programs and the 3rd will be carrying my train during the ceremony, he is only 5 and when I asked him if he wanted to do it he looked like he was thinking and said "is it important" and so I told him very and he said "good because I like being important".... kids can be so adorable :-)

btw sorry I got side tracked haha
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I will not have a train. One reason is this. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What did everyone find about walking down a grass aisle? Did you train get dirty or did it just glide on the grass?
  • Options

you may want to consider a runner down the aisle to keep it from getting too terribly dirty.  if you stake the corners into the ground you could probably keep it from blowing away or having people trip on it.  just depends on your specific location

• Options
    Eh, the way I figure, it's going to get dirt on it no matter what you do. You might as well show your beautiful train during the ceremony and just enjoy the moment. Nobody's going to notice if there's some dirt on the hem during the reception! I had an outdoor wedding with a train, and we bustled it during the pre-ceremony photos and for the reception. It got a little dirty, but nobody even noticed.

You bought the dress because of its beautiful train, right? It would be a shame to keep that train hidden during your walk down the aisle!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm having this same dilemma!!! My dream dress has a 4 foot cathedral train...and we're getting married at a local park...but the way I figure, you only get married once and the drama of the long train going down the aisle after me TOTALLY outweighs the possibility of it getting dirty :D We've discussed having a junior attendant to hold my train, but i'm not sure about it....seems like it might lose some of the dramatic effect that i'm going for...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone so much!!  I already asked my bridesmaid to carry it for me... but now maybe I will just go with it, have fun, and not worry about it!  Thanks!!!

btw - JJM129 - that story is too cute :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards