Outdoor Weddings

Inexpensive water-fronts :(

I'm pretty sure it doesn't exsist, but figured, I've got time to ask.

For some background info...My boyfriend and I are from CT. It's been 6 years, and we're living abroad until 2012, but are looking to get engaged once we get back to the states and get married in 2013.

I wanted an outdoor wedding. My IDEAL wedding would be on August 13th, 2013 at Harkness Park, CT but it's about 4,500 for a venue.
Here's a link so you can get an idea for the feel:

It's 99.9% likely we'll be paying for everything ourselves, so I'm hoping to find a venue AT LEAST as low as 3,000 or lower if I'd have to go to someone else to provide tents or something. (though I don't expect much luck)

It's not easy to narrow down because of these factors:

1.) I primarily want an outdoor summer wedding, but I'd be willing to do something indoors if I could find something with this kind of feel (and pricetag ^_^):
http://www.novareevents.com/puritan/
If they had an outdoor gardern/yard for photos, I'd be willing to go with these guys.

2.) Our families are majorly in CT, BUT to avoid stepping on toes we'd be willing to do something out of state to allow us to keep the guest list short. (We only want a guest list of 75 or less, but in his family "small" is 300 people >.<)

3.) I DO like the date, but for costs I'd be willing to move it to winter if we had a warmer location that would allow for a summery feel

4.) NO TROPICAL locations. I mean no offense towards any, but FL left some bad memories, and I just don't like the tropics too much. 

Anyway, thanks for reading, and sorry it was so long. Lemme know if you know of any places!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards