Outdoor Weddings

I need to pick a date!!!

Ok, so I need to choose from April 23, 2011 or July 23, 2011.  The wedding will be at the Peachtree club in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.  The ceremony is outside on veranda.  The reception room is connected to it and is indoors.  The dance floor will be outside on the veranda.  I can't decide on the dates!! Help!   The wedding will be at sunset, so nighttime.  Will it be too cold in April?  Or too hot in July?  What would guests prefer??Everyone I talk to seems to be torn.  Thanks  for trying to help with decision if you can!!!!!  Oh ya, it is way up high on the top floor of a skyscraper.  Views of Georgia all around you and scyscrapers all around.  I anticipate at least a slight breaze.  Also , I guess there is the factor of crunching for time and planning for April, with July I have more time, and so do guests.

Re: I need to pick a date!!!

• Have you asked the venue what their avgerage temps are out there for those days.  I was going to say April, because July in the south...hot and humid.  But if there's a breeze on top of a skyscraper...I don't know.

I would say April should be warm enough. 
  • i think your right, April is better than humid July.  ya, the venue just started having weddings last summer, they said that there didnt seem to be a problem because of the breeze and people just went inside when they got hot. better safe than sorry, better chilly than hot i guess!  thanks so much!!!!,   that is one more vote for April, although i just found out that april 23rd is easter weekend, i dont know if i like that or not,   ha ha, cant always be picky
  • Weather.com has a wedding page where you can input your location and get historic highs and lows. Super helpful!

For Atlanta, GA:

April 23: (this is also the day before Easter, btw)
    Sunrise 7am, Sunset 8:15pm, high 74, low 52

July 23:
    Sunrise 6:45am, Sunset 8:45pm, high 90, low 71
  • I think you should go for the later date.  While yes it would be awesome to spend easter with the family I think July would be better because it gives you more time to plan and you won't be competing with the holiday.  There are some people who have their set ways over holidays and do not budge on the plans...I don't know if you have family like that but I definitely do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Based on LizHZ's statistics - I'd pick April!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards