Outdoor Weddings

Tent stress

So, I'm 6 weeks out from my wedding, and I'm having my first real freakout moment. We are having a tent for 150 people that is 40x100, which seems enormous. And I just realized I may not have any idea what I'm getting into. Any advice, things you wish you knew before, even tent horror stories that would help me to expect the best but prepare for the worst? Thanks!

Re: Tent stress

• We are up to 180 with the same size tent. When it comes time to set up, just add extra room between tables, your guest will appreciate it because no one likes to have someone back their chair into them when they are trying to get out of a table that are too close together.

Also we are going to leave a wide perimeter around the dance floor, so that way if the dance floor is full, people can dance in the grass. My wedding is in 3 weeks, I'll check back with you if there are anyother things I learn after my wedding. :)
    Anniversary
  • mbaetembaete member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I work at a tent rental store. I am having around 200 people and I am having a 40x100 as well. I think  40x80 would be plenty of room, but a 40x100 is going to be fine aswell. It will not seem to big, It will just give you some extra space.
    Best of luck!
  • Hey, all,

Though we are still venue hunting, one of our options may be a friend's cabin in the mountains. They have a huge yard, a patio where the band could set up, and a lower patio for the dance floor. What they do not have is a plan for inclement weather! This is, of course, very stressful! 

We will be hosting around 100 people, and will be looking into different kinds of tents-- windows, all clear, etc. What is your experience with tents in terms of the temperature, or them fogging up and getting uncomfortable?

Please advise!

<3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards