Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor wedding at a friends house in March '11. What colors match the red brick?

We are getting married March 5, 2011, and I cannot figure out what colors to choose for our wedding! We decided to have the ceremony and reception at our friends' house. The property is 7 acres, with a lot of trees. Our ceremony will be down on a flat area on the property that is grass, but the reception will be up on the back deck. The deck is old, red brick, and the house is painted a reddish color. I don't like orange. :) What colors do I pick!?

I am leaning towards a mauve/blush/champagne scheme.. will this clash with the brick? The other colors I like are that blue/green/teal color and brown and champagne. 

Help, friends!!! :)

Thanks!
-C

Photobucket

TTC Buddies with Becca050110, mischiefmanaging, Renee1105 & Shortie24!

TTC Since Jan 2012 Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Outdoor wedding at a friends house in March '11. What colors match the red brick?

• Options
    In my opinion, you shouldn't worry about matching your wedding colors with the house and deck.  Pick colors you really want!  We don't have our venue yet, but I don't think there are many places that will complement fuschia and orange!  You may however want to pick colors that go with your season.  That time of year, you could go with any of those because they are darker :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-wedding-friends-house-march-11-colors-match-red-brick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:9b57e74a-6429-4dc2-bf56-a26ccdaa5650Post:372feae4-6c3a-4fdf-9328-e93356c1d03f">Re: Outdoor wedding at a friends house in March '11. What colors match the red brick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to match your wedding colors to the house or brick or any wedding venue.  Pick the colors you love.  The house is just in the background and no one is going to be paying attention to that.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Uh huh.  This.
  • Options
    Okay.. so it doesn't matter what my venue looks like.. pick my own colors. Noted. When it comes to my colors, I have not picked them yet. I can't really decide. I like colors that are more muted.. like champagne/mauve/blush, or light teal/blue and brown. Can't figure that one out.. can't decide. Maybe I just need to pick some and run with them..

I guess the DIY projects that I am interested in are tissue pom poms for the aisle and decorating along a white fence.. lights, paper lanterns, candles, silk ribbon.. wait.. these are more things I like rather than projects I'd like some help with.. Undecided

When it comes to centerpieces, I am borrowing hurricane vases from my sister who got married in November, so I would like to use them for something. I like floating flowers, candles, glass beads..ect. I am not using fresh flowers for my centerpieces...just silk for those. 

Photobucket

TTC Buddies with Becca050110, mischiefmanaging, Renee1105 & Shortie24!

TTC Since Jan 2012 Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Go to Google Images and do a search for champagne and pink wedding.  Then do one for aqua and blue wedding.  You'll get tons of inspiration boards and pictures and maybe seeing those will help you decide.  Don't forget to ask your FI what he likes too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards