Outdoor Weddings

Aug 25, 2012 Evening Wedding - little dilemma and some inspiration

So we just moved our date from October 20 to August 25, 2012. I was stoked about a fall wedding, and then the reality of actually having and being able to pull off an all outdoor wedding in late October in central PA hit....just tooooo chilly.  So now we are going to do August, in the evening.  We havent exactly settled on a location yet...we have a few options...but we'd like to keep the ceremony and the reception at the same location.

My question is....do we pay for a place that has the 'alter' area, pews and extra chairs, a tent, tables, chairs, set up and clean up service and most importantly (imo) decent bathrooms for up to 200 guests at $2500, or do we try to get a tent and all the 'fixings' and try to save money that way? I'm really torn what to do...

Now the fun stuff:

I have my dress picked, it's strapless, ivory stain with a pick up skirt and a 'truffle' colored ribbon across the top that is woven into the corset . My girls will be in truffle colored strapless tea length dresses and the guys will be in either various coordinating shades of green button down shirts with truffle colored ties,  or white shirts with various shades of green ties. (haven't quite thought that out).

Our theme is going to be "Summer's Eve on the River" and I'm using the green/ivory hydranga bunches. My tables will have the green mason jars with white and green flowers (havent decided what kind exactly).  I want to accent things with some dragonflies and little birds, cattails, river stones etc. The following pictures are where I'm getting my inspiration from. Just like to share :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards