Outdoor Weddings

Traditional Church or Destination Wedding

I'm engaged and my date is set for July 27th 2013 I'm very excited but torn between Church Tradition so our parents would be able 2 attend.. its local and all they have to do is show up and we both have one son each they would b apart ASWELL my mom is wheel chair bond and can't leave facilities due to illness so destination wedding she would miss I'm her only daughter n probably only marriage she would witness... Then my fiancee wants a destination wedding n dnt want the kids nor parents to come but he gave in and considered the kids but its very important for me for my dad to give me away and my Mom to see and my only son to b apart of..... Sooooo confused please help wit ideals and advice....

Re: Traditional Church or Destination Wedding

• It sounds to me like it's really important to have your mom there and your dad walk you down the aisle.  If so, then a destination wedding really isn't for you.   Hopefully you and fiance can find some middle ground that is acceptable to both of you.  

Perhaps there are options you haven't considered.  If your fiance doesn't want a church ceremony, then maybe you can have your pastor, or even a secular officiant or justice of the peace officate a ceremony in a different location, like a garden, vineyard, gallery, or historic home.  One of the brides on here just posted some awesome pics of a wedding at an aquarium, and it looked amazing!   

DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards