Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Pagan Wedding

My fiance and I are both Pagan. We want our ceremony to have a Pagan feel to it, but we dont want it to have too much, like we don't want to have an actual handfasting. Any ideas for decorations or anything? We are having the ceremony and reception both outdoors but we really aren't sure how to decorate to incorporate the Pagan theme and our color scheme.

Re: Outdoor Pagan Wedding

• I have a couple of questions, actually, before I can offer intelligent suggestions.

A.) What kind of Pagan are you?  Wiccan?
    B.) What is your color scheme?

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_outdoor-pagan-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:df69b176-17b0-42ca-a818-fe20e6628d1fPost:d1582de0-ac8b-4cfd-b308-47856aedaf9f">Re: Outdoor Pagan Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a couple of questions, actually, before I can offer intelligent suggestions. A.) What kind of Pagan are you?  Wiccan? B.) What is your color scheme?
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

I am still very new to the religion, so I don't do any rituals or anything yet. I do talk to Isis, but that's pretty much all I do right now. And our color scheme is blue and silver.
  • When you say 'the religion' do you mean Wicca?  Or do you mean the Cult of Isis?  "Pagan" is just a term that means "non christian", so it can describe many many many religions.  I know that many Wiccans choose a historical name for The Goddess, which is what I think you are referring to here (anyone historical goddess name can be chosen, they're all considered to be her).  I'll operate on the assumption that you are Wiccan then.

With this in mind, I would recommend some of the less overwhelming symbols that the mainstream doesn't necessarily instantly recognize as 'pagan'.  One such symbol would be the two half moons interlinked and facing away from one another.  Or the symbol for woman, which is the full moon, flanked by the waning and waxing moons.   You could also incorporate plants that are sacred to the religion (I know holly is considered to represent the masculine).

All of these symbols could be incorporated into the decorations in your wedding colors, and are not overwhelming.  You can find more resources from Wiccan books, which are readily availble in most book stores.  One book that I have personally heard praise about is To Ride a Silver Broomstick.   

(Lol can you tell that I have a lot of Wiccan friends?)

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards