Retro and Vintage Weddings

gown help!

Hey there!

I'm looking for someone (who designs custom vintage inspired/reproduction gowns) in the central Jersey area, who is not crazy expensive. Any info is appreciated!!!

Re: gown help!

• I don't know what you can do in NJ, but there's probably someone. Check your local blogs--we have some great neighborhood blogs where I am that have all sorts of tips on people you never knew existed....Also call some vintage shops and see if they know someone. They'll have connections.

But I also think for more niche things you may want to consider working over the internet. You can get measured locally, send that and order the dress, and then have your local folks do the last fitting stuff. I think you said 1930s right?

I also saw a real vintage 40s dress go on Etsy for $50 one day...sigh.  I'm not even close to a vintage size though.  But you can also search Etsy by location.

Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• There's a place in Lambertville with some beautiful gowns.  They are a bit pricey for me but if you haven't checked them out yet...  http://www.millcrestvintage.com/

Good luck in your search!
    Photobucket
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Have you also tried your local (Jersey) board here on the knot?  Good luck!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Dolly couture just opened a showroom in NYC
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards