Honeymoon Discussions

Immigration forces a Continental US Honeymoon, HELP!

Since I will be immigrating from Canada I will not be allowed to leave the continental US after we get married. We are trying to think of where to go on our honeymoon we were thinking of some type of resort/cabin in the mountains somewhere...but our budget is probably about 1500$ as we area paying for it and we want to go for a week. Any suggestions?
We live in the Buffalo area....

Re: Immigration forces a Continental US Honeymoon, HELP!

• If you like beaches you should check out South Carolina Coast (Myrtle Beach or Charleston) or even North Carolina coast they have some resorts and are really nice.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • look in florida if you want beach, tennessee for a cabin in the mountain, and new orleans for a fun time.  there are lots of other options too--vegas, california, grand canyon, yellowstone, etc.  i think the best thing to do is look at home rental sites that do not charge a fee.  good luck!
  • Being in Buffalo and wanting mountains, you have a ton of nearby options!  You could do the Finger Lakes in NY, the Poconos in Pennsylvania, or head up to New England.  Burlington, VT is so pretty and full of B&Bs.  The Berkshires in Massachusetts are lovely and full of resorts.  You could also go up to Bar Harbor, Maine, too- one of my favorite places in the world.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Thanks everyone I will share your ideas will my other half and see what he thinks :) He did mention Yellowstone we just didnt like the pictures of the cabins we saw online. Thanks again!
  • If you're looking for sun, beaches, etc. I'd recommend just getting a hotel in California or Florida- or if you want more privacy, look for rentals on www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com.
  • There are some great options in CO as well.  As long as you stay away from some of the bigger name resorts such as Vail or Aspen you can find something very reasonable.  If you go to Estes Park, they have some beautiful cabin rentals, and it's right next to Rocky Mountain National Park.  Estes is also only about an 2 hours away from Denver, so you could spend a couple days or so in the city as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • THanks for the suggestion in CO we were looking but we only founf the big resorts since were not from there we didnt of other places adn they were pretty$$$ we will definelty look into Estes. Thanks!
  • Congrats! I became a dual citizen last April when Canada changed their citizenship rules (I'm first generation from a Canadian born mother), so I'm now Canadian too!

I peeked at your bio and see your wedding is in May 2011. I'd just google google google. It's been my best friend since I started planning a wedding. Be specific when you google, enter all the words that add up to exactly what you want, like "mountain cabin X state", etc.  

If you are set on mountains, I think you have a lot of suggestions above. Also good recommendations for beaches.

Reno is another location that might have temperate weather that time of year, and they have mountains.

Good luck and welcome to the boards, AND to the USA.
  • No problem!  If you need more CO suggestions just PM me or page me on here or something.  If I don't know the answer, I'll ask FI.  He's lived here all his life.  Even if you end up not being able to afford a cabin in Estes, I do know for a fact that they have some more affordable hotels there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards