Florida-South Florida
Options

Parents gifts.

What are you girls giving your mum & dad?

I was thinking of the handkerchief but hell will freeze before my mother cries in public (then again she cried when Craig officially asked me out - in a "my baby's all grown up" kind of way not in the "omg him? wtf nooo" way! lol), and I've never seen my dad so much as get watery eyes ...

So what are you guys geting your parents?

Re: Parents gifts.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting both of our mom's some diamond stud earrings, Dad's not sure, something dealing with alcohol since both my stepdad and ffil are Lushes. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Kaila! I may get my dad a stein, now that you mention that. He's part German and he likes to collect those. Ooh, I could engrave it with a message from me & Craig. Thanks for the idea ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AAAH! I got it! It will be an Oktoberfest one, since my wedding is in October! Pus my dad and dad-in-law were being funny and decided to nickname my wedding Oktoberfest -___-

WOOHOO IDEA!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are giving them an album of our wedding pictures, but I was also thinking of giving them a little something else too. Undecided what it will be though.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got our mothers a frame that is engraved and that I'll put an e-pic of us in and got our dads a tie to wear to the wedding.  These gifts will be before the wedding at the RD and then after the wedding they will get a wedding album.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing! lol J/K we haven't really think about that, probably a nice frame with our picture and something to wear like for mom earrings and step-dad cufflinks.....
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave both our mom's hankerchiefs with sayings on them. We gave our parents frames engraved with a saying on them, and then we plan to give them an album as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I copied Courtney and got the handkerchiefs for my parents. My dad has a lot of handkerchiefs so I'm pretty sure he'll get good use out of it.  I'm also taking my mom to the spa the Wed. before the wedding and getting my dad a Tommy Bahama shirt.

I got Curt's parents 2 tickets from PhillyTour.com.  It's for sightseeing around the historical areas of Philly.  They're into that sort of thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably getting my mom a Spa Day with me & the girls. My dad will be getting something alcohol related, he loves his bar at home. I'm not getting FI's dad anything, since he lives out of the country and I've never even met him. I'll leave his gift up to FI. For FI's mom, I'll probably get her jewelry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NO idea. We'll probably  do the handkerchiefs ... and I think I may get my parents a wine fridge and put an amazing bottle of wine in there :) 
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

got my mom a personal gift, my dad a hankerchief and both my parents tickets to see eric clapton - who they love in concert

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    was thinking hankies for the moms, dads no idea. then im making photo albums for them after the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards