Florida-South Florida
Options

I'm a newbie!!!

Hello ladies.. I've been lurking for a while but wanted to introduce myself. My FI and I live in DC but we are from Miami and our wedding will be there  (10/15/11)
you all seem so helpful compared to other boards i've seen. I also wanted to thank you- without knowing it, u all have been a tremendous help in my wedding planning since I can't travel back and forth to Fla often.
i've gotten so many vendor rec's from you girls:
I'm pretty sure we will be using Gil Sosa for our florists & jcaruncho2011- I think we are going to use travis harris for photograhy.. how did u find him?
thanks again ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm a newbie!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congrats!! So glad we could help you out! If you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask... as you already know these girls are amazing and full of tons of advice!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maria, I know this is going to sound weird, but I found him randomly on google and I clicked on his link and I loved his commercial photography, as well as the images of the weddings he's shot, so I sent him an email for a quote.  I wasn't too optimistic though because I figured he'd be as expensive or more so than the other quotes I've gotten but his price was just perfect and within my budget, and he's been incredibly friendly and responsive...whenever I email him he responds right away with an email or a phone call.  He's also engaged and he's getting married about a week after I am so we just clicked from the get-go.  I saw a shoot he just did with a girl who turned 16 and I loved it...I was a little apprehensive at first because I think he's pretty new in the wedding photography business, but his commercial photography experience is vast and great, and the few weddings he has shot have produced beautiful images, so I think I made a great choice, if I do say so myself. =)

Welcome to the board, by the way, I'm totally in love with all the girls here, they're awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome and congrats! I totally agree with you about other boards. The girls here are awesome.

I think Janet's photog is Ivan Apfel.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually Rosmery, my engagement photographer is Ivan Apfel, and my wedding photographer is Travis Harris. =)  Originally I wasn't going to take engagement pictures, but Apfel had a $99 engagement shoot special that I just couldn't pass up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh Ok. :-) Sorry, didn't know. Serves me right for answering for you! lol
    (slaps her own hand!) :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO!  Don't be silly, I give you the power of attorney to answer my questions whenever I'm not on here ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WELCOME!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Maria, welcome and congrats!! Please feel free to ask any questions, we love answering them!! lol

What do you have picked out so far for the wedding? :)

lol Janet, power of attorney!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thank u ladies!
    janet: good work on the research. we loved his commercial work too and the pricing works great with our budget and he's so friendly. can't wait to see your pics!
    natalie: so far we've booked our reception/ceremony site- doubletree ocean pointe resort in sunny isles. we were in Fl in April and finalized that. right now we're trying to book the florists(gil sosa) and the dj (ubi or liquid dj's) so hard to do since we're so far away. we plan on being in miami in Oct. to finalize everything(hopefully) Our invites and save the dates are currently a work in progress :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That's great...the staff at the Doubletree Ocean Point is SOO awesome!! They donated a new ping pong table and alarm clocks for the shelter I work for, and they prepared Christmas & Easter dinner for the youth who stay at our shelter.  Good people!! <3 You are in good hands and it's a beautiful place!

Sounds like you have great vendors in mind! Let us know if you need any recommendations for anything else. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome and happy planning! We are here to help you with any questions or just support
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Maria,

I am getting married at the Doubletree Ocean Point as well on 4/2/11!  Feel free to email me any questions at tsmithline@gmail.com

Tarin
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I am a Palm Beach bride and if you have any questions feel free to message me
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome and happy planning!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Maria and happy planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards