Florida-South Florida
Options

South Florida Venue on a Budget...Help Please

Hi,

We would like to have a small intimate wedding ...it would be about 60 guest and no BM's. We are trying to keep everything under $7,000. Any suggestions on some venues that would help us stay within our budget?

Re: South Florida Venue on a Budget...Help Please

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look into state or county parks! I don't have any links handy for you but I'm sure someone will be by to post.

You could also look into my venue: the Palm Beach Zoo. I'm getting my ceremony, reception + food for $5k. It could be an option!!

Could you hold your wedding at your house of worship or a family/friend's house?

Just trying to think of some ideas!!

Welcome and congrats!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding 6 months ago at the Chart house in coconut grove.. you can def do it for that price! :) I had a small wedding about 60 guest too... and everyone loved it (my dh cousin told me last weekend it was one of his fav weddings)...there was a few issues with the girl there..but if you can get a cheap day of wedding planner you should be ok... and for the price i cant really complain :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While my wedding won't be at the Chart House, it almost was going to be when I first started planning. (Until I decided I wanted something totally different.) The Chart House is one of the best budget friendly options out there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check restaurants and places that allow you to bring your own food/liquor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Mounts Botanical Gardens in West Palm Beach (www.mounts.org)...my fiance and I are getting married in the Gazebo, but you can choose any area of the gardens, it's $500.00 and a $250.00 refundable deposit, you get 100 white chairs included also - and the gazebo also has electrical outlets. I went and took photos of the place prior to booking the date, if you would like I can share my shutterfly album with you so you can see what it looks like.  We are having our reception at the Tiki Waterfront Sea Grille in Riviera Beach, very casual reception on the water heavy h'ordeuvres and two hour open bar, last hour is a cash bar.  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my wedding reception at Chart House with 60 guests as well. Just like you, I won't be having a bridal party. We are having something very intimate, simple, and elegant.. Check it out its a beautiful location =) Communication with the Coordinator there can suck sometimes but its a nice place

Good Luck!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NMustang2427NMustang2427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort in Sunny Isles, FL near north miami. I'm also having about 50-60 guests and it will be right around 5k with ceremony and reception. It is right on the beach, so I'm doing a beach ceremony. If you choose to go look there, meet with holly. She's my consultant there and she has been great with communication. I live in chicago and am planning my wedding from here so it's been awesome to be confident in her. We also just had our tasting for our reception and the food is amazing!! We couldn't decide at first cuz it all tasted so good. The wedding cake is also included with your choice of 2 different bakers (Anna paz and Edda's cake design). Tell Holly, Nadia sent you :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    domiqubanadomiqubana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soo much ladies... I will def look into some of the suggestions you guys gave me =)
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend the Grand Salon Ballroom at Killian Palms. This is where we're getting married & so is another knottie. It's very budget friendly & the decor is beautiful!

The only thing I would recommend is getting a separate DJ. The DJ included doesn't MC. I preferred one that did both. So I hired the DJ. Stephen Peters. (He's amazing!!)

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards