Florida-South Florida
Options

Props for E-pics? / Groomsman gifts?

This is a two part question:

My photog just emailed me that we can bring any props we like to the epic shoot.

Have any of you done this? If so, what have you done?  Or what would you suggest?  I'm taking my pics at Butterfly World on Saturday.

I've selected brown suits for the guys to wear but I hated the shoes that go with them. So I'm renting those for the guys at another shop. I wanted to get them cufflinks with their initials on them, but after pricing out the cheapest ones it comes out to almost $200 for my 7 guys. (including dads and FI)

So, would renting their shoes be enough? Or is it tacky that we are getting the girls gifts and not the guys? 

TIA

Re: Props for E-pics? / Groomsman gifts?

• Options
    edited December 2011

First off love the butterfly world idea for the pics!!! Cant wait to see them! :)

For props it depends...I guess that depend what you want to go for...ive never really heard of anyone take props..but maybe u want to pretend to bee toasting champage (so u take champagne glasses and champange or apple juice or something) ..or maybe like the parasol you have ...

As far as the gifts...I would say maybe find something else for the guys that might be cheaper..i would feel bad giving something to the girls and not the guys...but then again guys dont really usually care about stuff like that like we girls do LOL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also think that maybe you should try to find something less expensive for the guys.  The Knot leather flasks are on sale this week for only 9.99.  We got them as part of our groomsmen gifts and they were pretty good quality (We got teh brown leather ones since that is our main color).

I can't help with the epics question...we didn't take any.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with Evelyn for props....I think it could be cute with the champagne glasses and parasol etc.....or if you guys are into something else like tea....or starbucks etc =)

I didn't like the shiny shoes for the guys either so we had them bring their own black (with black suits) dress shoes. As for presents he gave them the white shirt, the tie and the pocket squares. It worked out great since you can go to Stainmart and find great deals or even at Macy's =) or SIMS.

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about a picnic blanket and basket for props? sunglasses too

I would give the guys gifts so see if you can find something cheaper perhaps (I know it's hard I have a huge bridal party too so it's expensive!) 

try personalizationmall.com
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I've been pero super MIA but we used a yellow umbrella see :

HTH!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use props for our first shoot, but our next shoot Ivan told us he's going to be bringing a HUGE balloon. He told us to bring books and maybe Nagib's backgammon set for pics of us "playing" in the park.

I like the parasol idea... and since you're at butterfly world, maybe even a few butterflies will fly in as your props ;)

Try goggling "engagement photo props" and look through the images for ideas.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marian - I'm way ahead of you! lol  I've seen some with balloons and picnic baskets that are nice. But I don't know if we will have time for that. We are starting at 10am so we are leaving our house at 8am. UGH!!!   

The parasols are for the wedding, so I don't know if to use them for the epics as well. I think if anything we can share an ice cream or something for the park. That can be a prop, right? lol

Thanks girls for the suggestions!
  • Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yessss ice cream can be cute <33
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, they didn't have an ice cream cone, which would have been cute. We used an ice cream sandwich! LOL!  I was hungry and hot, so it worked for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards