Florida-South Florida
Options

flowers on a budget

Does anyone know of any flower shops that are budget friendly. We really cannot afford 2.000 on flowers but unfortunately we didn't realize when we picked our date it was mothers day weekend... We have a couple quotes from a couple people
Anyone used Natinel flowers or Flowers by Sandra. I really liked Sandra but she was a bit pricey... Also anyone ever use the swap shop?
One more thing ladies Officiant: Arlene Goldman any reviews? Think we are going to book her!
Thanks Ladies! Happy Wedding planning!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: flowers on a budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Sandra... When I told her she was over my budget, she miraculously came down a few hundred. Met with Natinel and really liked them BUT the quote she sent me had HUGE mathematical errors in it. So, the price was where I wanted it to be, but when I corrected her mistakes, it brought it to a few hundred dollars more. I tried talking to her about it, but she didn't really understand what I was saying...

I went with Rose with Dream Makers in Boynton Beach. She was the best deal I found and really seems to know her stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any advice on flowers but I am using Arlene and I really like her. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used any...but have you met with the swap shop yet? I was going to go check them out

• Options
    nicole1087nicole1087 member
    edited December 2011
    If sandra would come done in price I def. think we'd use her, we kinda bonded lol especially her and my FL. But I will def check out Dream Makers. Thanks
    We meet w Arlene today and we really liked her! So I think we are going to go ahead and book her...
    And no, no meeting at the swap shop yet, I called to go today but it was late and she was leaving... she seemed to me like she wants a picture of what we want and then she makes it, unlike the others that work with you to build it.. i wasn't sure when I got off the phone w her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nakupenda24nakupenda24 member
    edited December 2011
    I met with both and they were both over my budget and couldnt do the centerpiece I want...I went to Field of Flowers and way under my budget and I walked out so happy because they could do my centerpiece exactly like I wanted. And we booked Arlene too, she was recommended by our venue and we loved her when we met. Hope this helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have her contact info? I couldn't find it anywhere....do you mind sharing? I was going to go by there next month when i came down but depending on when i talk to her i may not need to....Creations by Blanca is also really nice...ignore the pics on her website they are dated her recent work is awesome

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_flowers-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:07b01539-db47-40d0-bf49-57572f69a963Post:85583390-7230-437c-98b7-cbb80efe5b99">Re: flowers on a budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met with Sandra... When I told her she was over my budget, she miraculously came down a few hundred. Met with Natinel and really liked them BUT the quote she sent me had HUGE mathematical errors in it. So, the price was where I wanted it to be, but when I corrected her mistakes, it brought it to a few hundred dollars more. I tried talking to her about it, but she didn't really understand what I was saying...<font color="#ff0000"> I went with Rose with Dream Makers in Boynton Beach. She was the best deal I found and really seems to know her stuff!
    </font>Posted by PhiSigFly[/QUOTE]
    This is who I am using. A couple of other girls on here are using her as well. I agree she does know her stuff and she gets her flowers wholesale, which means better prices for you. She also believes in re-using arrangements in different spaces. I am re-using my ceremony centerpieces for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im using Pink Pussycat florist in Plantation. Kinda dumpy looking shop, but beautiful work and really reasonable pricing. Dont let the storefront scare you away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Natinel ...I told her what my budget was, what my vision was and she gave me what I wanted and more for my $1,000 flower budget. She recently did Beth's wedding (our moderator) and did a beautiful job.

HTH!

Jessica
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Cristina Hevia with CHDesigns... I couldn't be happier. I gave her my super wimpy flower budget, and she ran with it and made it work.

Cristina Hevia
    CHDesigns
    (305)967 - 3572

I'm no help with the officiant, sorry.

GL!
  • Options
    abova001abova001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to see Natinel and she gave me a good price but her communication was poor. However, by CHANCE I booked her sister in law who gave me a much better price. The name is Florence Flower Design and her name is Amy. She is SUPER nice, very attentive, has great ideas and communication is A++ (she texts you emails you calls you etc). She works with your budget!
    Visit Miami.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using flowers by blanca - she really worked with my budget and gave me everything I wanted and never thought I could afford - we have a lot of tables and a huge wedding party and she did everything we needed - she also responds right away which is a big thing for me. Vendors who take a weeknir two answer a question are usually automatically crossed off my lust and she always responded right away and thourghly answered my questions. My brother used the swap shop and they turned out great! So I think that's a really hood option too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nicole1087nicole1087 member
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bravesgirl108bravesgirl108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would suggest going with a "flower shop" as opposed to these "Event Designers" that are always listed... I was quoted around $2000 for all those places. I explained to them that i wanted "SIMPLE"!!! but i dont think that word is in their vocabulary!!!
    I ended up going with Boca Raton Florist because they really listened to my pleas for nothing over-the-top. because of this, their price was SO much better too!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 219 Invited imageimage 178 Are coming to party! image 22 Are missing out! image 19 are raising my blood pressure!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards