Florida-South Florida
Options

wedding registry question

FMIL is planning my bridal shower and she doesn't want anyone to bring gifts from our wedding registry. She wants it to be just for me! My question is how do we put the word out about our wedding registry if it's not going to be used for the bridal shower? I know it's like against the etiquette law to include that info in the wedding invitations. HELP please? Any ideas??
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17

Re: wedding registry question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Put it on your wedding website. Or if you don't think your fam/friends will take offense you can put a little note in with the invites...that's actually perfectly normal where I come from, and I actually didn't learn that it was considered rude until after I got engaged and started learning things on theknot. I just had a friend get married and she didn't have a wedding website AND it wasn't in her invitations. I had to actually call her up and ask her where she was registered, which I thought was kind of annoying. I'd much rather get a note with an invite than have to call the bride to ask!!!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, wedding website or have your family and BP spread the word. These are probably the only "acceptable" ways to tell people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you want the bridal shower to just be for you?

My younger sister is my MOH and she has ZERO wedding experience. When we first started talking about the bridal shower, she wanted it to just be for me. When I told her it's typically registry stuff, she said "so when do YOU get presents?" I told her that I appreciated her concern about me, but that we're getting married and becoming a WE. I also explained that I would really prefer people to buy things from the registry because there are some things that we can't afford to buy ourselves that we really want for our home. After I explained it that way, she really seemed to understand. 

It's really nice that your FMIL wants to make it special for you, but, IMO, the bridal shower is our one opportunity in life to have a bunch of people buy us housewares, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well I told FSIL that I definitely want to include the honeymoon registry in the bridal shower, and I guess what I came up with is making postcards with the wedding website on there. sort of a mark your calendars kinda thing. I will mail them out after the wedding invitations are mailed out. Thanks for your help girls!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards