Florida-South Florida
Options

Red Shoes

I haven't even started look for wedding heels yet, but I was thinking that I wanted to do red heels. I thought that would be something different and cute because it's my wedding color. My mother hates the idea, but my MOH loves it. What do you girls think? Should I just stick with the traditional white? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Red Shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go with red! Mine are purple and black! I say, get shoes that you'll be able to wear again.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go with red! Why not, and tell your mom you wont be able to see them anyway
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of colored shoes!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Yeah, I told my mom that you wouldn't be able to see them anyways! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went with Ivory shoes, but wish I did a color! Go for it!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! I'm doing purple shoes ... when I told my mom, she looked at me as if I just came out of the loony bin and then seriously thought I was kidding... but I LOVE the pics where the colored shoes are peeking out from under the white dress (and other variations of this picture)
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Definitely do it.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! Mine are pink and sparkly- they scream "ME" so I couldn't help myself! My photographer always takes pics of the girl's shoes. I've convinced my FI to wear pink socks (it took A LOT of convincing...) so we can take pics of both of our pink attire :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    when i told my mom and moh i was doing red shoes they thought i was crazy too lol..i just bought my shoes and my moms apperently been watching wedding stuff cause when i showed them to her she said she saw a girl on tv with the red shoes and she now likes it lol... i had also sent them pics of some knotties and thier shoes so they knew how cute it was LOL...GO RED!
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    edited December 2011
    I am a MOB and I think I know where your mom is coming from. When we got married- it was all about the white shoes to match the dress. I think if you explain to her that colored shoes are the "in" thing now, she might understand. Just like everything that is different- the cake designs, the dresses, etc. It was quite interesting seeing how things have changed in the 25 years since I got married.
  • Options
    abellabell member
    edited December 2011
    Another mom here that totally agrees with the pp about how it was 25 years ago.  I love the today look of the brides shoes in color and the bouquet to match the shoes!
  • Options
    adclovesadcloves member
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea. It is modern and different. Mine are BLACK and 4 inches.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are purple!!! and my mom totally agreed with me to do the colored shoe!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are blue. They're my something blue. And my mom loved the idea.
  • Options
    theholdorffstheholdorffs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the colored shoe. My wedding colors are Black, White, & Bling (silver I guess really lol) and I found a gorgeous pair of Steve Madden shoes loaded with sparkle. I'd only wear them for the pics in the beginning because they will probably start to really hurt, but their too gorgeous to ignore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards