Florida-South Florida
Options

Dessert bar

I have the biggest sweet tooth (teeth) and I would looove to do a dessert bar. I thought of churros, but Donut Divas is too expensive for over $750 when they are normally $1 on the streets for like 10. lol

What kind of desserts would you want to pick up if you saw it at a wedding?

And do you have any recommendations of people/shops that make desserts for a reasonable price? Or another churro/dessert company?

TIA! :)

P.S. Are chocolate fountains still cool? I really love chocolate...lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dessert bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmmm I'd like to know about this too!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't know if chocolate fountatins are still "cool" but if that's what you like, then you can make it be SUPER COOL because it's YOU!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol thanks jenise!! i can totally rock that chocolate fountain!

p.s. i love your proposal video!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am doing a chocolate fountain instead of traditional weddig cake. We are not having a cake. The cater is doing a mini dessert trio and we are having a chocolate fountain with fun things to dip. FI and I will dip a strawberry into the fountain and feed it to each other. We both like the idea a lot! and who does not love chocolate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursery theme!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    karen, that sounds delicious!! what a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about petit fours? They are small enough and yummy enough to be a treat. I don't know how expensive it will be, but maybe a place like Publix or Winn Dixie might be more reasonable.

I'm having a sundae bar to go along with the cake. 3 main flavors of ice cream and some fixings... a diy station.  :-)

If you like the churro idea, I'm sure one of the street vendors would be MORE than happy to help you do it. Just cruise 49 Street in Hialeah and you are bound to find a few dozen! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards