Florida-South Florida
Options

NFL vs. our wedding...who will win?!

Well it happened.....Garrett got word that his beloved team...the Detroit Lions will be finally playing the Miami Dolphins in MIAMI as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa THIS SEASON...but the million dollar question is...what day?

Therefor, we have judgement day tonight! Tonight at 7pm we learn the fate of our 10.10.10 wedding. NFL schedule is announced. Do we have a stand-in groom or not? Are the Lions in Miami or Tampa that day? Let's hope they aren't playing each other on 10.10.10 OR 10.17.10 (when we are in Aruba)

Re: NFL vs. our wedding...who will win?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahaha eeeeeeeek - good luck!!!!!!!

The NFL draft is this weekend and half of the men have said they'll be watching during the day, geesh.

men and their sports
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, I am so confused - TiVo?
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Courtney-

Your lucky this year, because the 1st round is Thursday night..which is the most important...round 2 and 3 are friday night.

Jen - Tivoing it is not the same for Garrett if he actually has a opportunity to be at the game!  This is a big deal for him...he never gets to see his team down here in person....I grew up in a sports household (dad worked for ESPN), so I understand what he is going through
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am watching it tonight too! Our families were so mad when we scheduled our wedding for a Sunday during football season...Hope theres no Phins home game or half our guest list may be late!
    I am however, working on getting tvs into the reception for everyone (me included to keep up with our fantasy teams lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh! So this is kinda like the World Cup for my family! lol. So are you actually considering moving the date? No twinnie no :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol... I feel you! Good Luck. Tell FI that he can Tivo the d*mn game. If you don't have Tivo, you can get it installed the month before (believe me, you will not regret it! I think every TIVO has a marriage mediator inside.)

10.10.10 is an AWESOME Date that will never come again! It's more important than some game.... Or you can take some advice from how we are handling a similar issue... lol

Yankees are playing Boston at home on our Wedding Day! (Also our 5 yr anniv)

Our solution... Our venue has many many TV's... over the bar... and even some on the dance floor... used for slideshows or whatever... but can broadcast TV.

Since we have so many Yankee fans there... (about 15-20!) we may even broadcast the game on one of those. Depends on if FI is a good boy or not. lol...

But I will have access the to remote... and if I want him to dance, he will dance or suffer the wrath...

jk...

kinda.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    edited December 2011
    ladies - Garrett and I are NOT moving the date...that was never an option!

Garrett is wanting to have a STAND-IN for pictures so he can ATTEND the game...haha.

The game will most likely if anything be at 1pm...she he has time to make it back for the 6pm start time...

haha....please know he is all talk, and will never go to the game, if the Lions are actually playing on that date in Miami or Tampa....he just likes to bust my buttons...

I'm calm....I'm collected..we have TVs at the hotel...its all good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It comes out tonight??? I knew it was soon and have been waiting for a year since I booked my venue....The next 5 hours are going to be brutal

See, not only do I work for the Dolphins during the season, one of our surprises is contingent upon the schedule. Here's hoping 10/10/10 is an away game
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH! Hehehe ... I'm foreign.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've already told FI AND his friends - No cell phones at the wedding!  If I was getting married during his teams game he would be standing at the alter watching ESPN on his phone!!!! GL girls!  weddings must always beat the games!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    edited December 2011
    Shannon - what do you do for the Dolphins?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a cheerleader in 2001 and now I am an Ambassador.  The hidden/underlying theme to our wedding is Miami Dolphins. We are even walking into the reception to the theme from Monday night football. So it's not about FI and his friends..it's about me too.

However, I've always been prepared to embrance it. If it happens to be a 4p game, we already told the Rev. that he will have to give score updates during the ceremony...LOL. I went to a wedding once where all the men were at the hotel bar watching the game. There were a lot of upset wives and girlfriends, but the men could have cared less.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dare anyone in my wedding to look at sports lol what happened to manners!
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    edited December 2011
    you know its funny Shannon...having grown up in a sports household, my father taught my twin brother and I the NCAA teams instead of the state capitals!!

So, to be honest, I enjoy football season...I don't have a problem with men watching the games during weddings or what-not.  Its who they are...heck, I would even want a score update during the ceremony!!

Garrett's family is split...FSU/UF and one of his cousins got married during the big game....EVERYONE had mini tvs with them....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Danielle, I am with you.  If you try and fight it, you will lose.  It's just one more headache I will have to deal with if there is a game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA omg that sounds like me...I know I could never get married during football season or I wouldnt have a groom (specially on a dlphins game day..even though we plan to get married on a saturday so that would be ok)...last year we planned our vacation around their  bye week! and he said that if I ever had a baby and the dolphins happen to be playing he would have to bring a protable tv but if they were at the superbowl he might miss it! omg ...hahahhaha...GL tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE!

Garrett got word that the Lions are playing Miami and Tampa in DECEMBER!  No stand in groom needed!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL Danielle!

I feel you girls. While FI and I were thinking of potential wedding dates he specifically asked that it not be during college football season.

Godforbid he misses his Canes, lol. I understand where hes coming from though. It's like asking me to miss a huge sale somewhere LOL!!! So, we decided on May and that way he won't miss any of his games :)

GL girls! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, this is awesome. I'm glad I'm not alone- I scheduled our wedding on the bye week of Gator football so that neither of us would miss the wedding.

Glad to hear he will get to go to both games! Hopefully his team has a better season this year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great for you! U get to keep the real groom lol....and today I found the dolphin garter hahaha super cute...my fi is going to love it when he sees it on our wedding day...oh and his ring i just ordered it last week i engraved..  "Touchdown 2011"  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards