Florida-South Florida
Options

Shoe Question

I am in love with a pair of Badgley Mischka shoes that I saw on My Glass Slipper. I went into the NYC store to try them on and the girl told me that MGS is the only place with the DYEABLE fabric on the shoes... Meaning, if I bought them elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to dye them. Does that sound right to you because it didn't totally make sense to FI and I? I saw them for $60 cheaper at DSW, and would rather buy them there and get them dyed at a shoe repair place if I could...
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Shoe Question

• Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't know you could dye BM shoes.  I googled around and most shoes from stores other than MGS were not dyeable, so i would be cautious. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Angel! I think I'll just go with MGS, to be on the safe side!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes it does make sense. there's a final coating that's put on shoes that is not put pn dyeables. which is what makes dyeable dyeable - they dont have that final coating, which is then put on when the shoes are dyed. I went to MGS and they told me BMs were not dyeable at all - not even there, so double check - this was over a year ago so things may have chaged since then... good luck =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards