Florida-South Florida
Options

DOUBLETREE OCEAN POINT RESORT..NOISE ORDINANCE????? BAH HUMBUG

Hi Knotties...I am definately considering The Doubletree ocean Point Resort for my wedding and reception and would like to hear from you all who have had or will have your weddings there. I read somewhere in their info that events have to end at 11p due to  a noice ordinance...  well hmmmm...what time did or will your ceremony start? I wanted mine to start at 6p, but that would leave only 3 hrs to dine and dance and usually isn't the reception 4hrs? Ugh...my wedding is on a Friday night. If this noice ordinance is something I can't get around,  I'm thinking the ceremony would now have to start at 5p - 6p, the cocktail hr 6p-7p, and reception 7p - 11p.

Do you think 5p is to early to start on a Friday? especially for guests who work? idk...HELP...is that noice ordinance overridable? (is that a word?)Kiss

Re: DOUBLETREE OCEAN POINT RESORT..NOISE ORDINANCE????? BAH HUMBUG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you call them and talk to them first, see what they say? Honestly, I feel like if you start your ceremony that early on a Friday, a lot of people won't be able to make it to the ceremony portion of your wedding, which in my opinion is the most important.  I'm sure your fam and closest friends will leave work early to be a part of your special day, but a lot of people either won't do that or simply won't have the flexibility at work to be able to do so.  

Like I said, give them a call and see what they tell you.  I'm sure they've run into this issue before.  Good luck and happy planning! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Janet - on a Friday, most people will have to get home from work, THEN get dressed and head to your wedding - even 6 is sort of early. I know that If I were invited to a Friday wedding, I just wouldn't be able to make it by six.

But as to the noise ordinance, would your reception be outside? I doubt if it were inside the noise ordinance would have any bearing at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue also had a noise ordinance and my party had to end by 11pm.  But I was married on a Sunday so I began my ceremony at 6:30 and had a cocktail reception so the time frame was perfect.  For a Friday I would worry about starting anytime before 6pm - but ultimately I would rather have a few less people at the ceremony and have enough time for everyone to party so if your noise ordinance is anything like mine, nothing can be done about it, and you will just have to work around it. 

I also did these things to reduce the time of the Ceremony/cocktail hour

We did first look photos and photos with the bridal party Before the ceremony

Our Ceremony was only 26 minutes long - our cocktail hour began immediately and toasts/first dances were done during this time (also remainder of photography)

we had only hors d'ovures and food stations so food was immediate and continued through most of the cocktail hour/reception (sit down dinner and buffet sytle would have taken much longer)

HTH
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    wessica79wessica79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The noice ordinance is for all hotels in Sunny Isles and the same thing w/ Fort Lauderdale beach hotels, it's the law.
    I am getting married @ Doubletree Ocean Point. If the wedding continues after 11pm, they play ambient music and you pay extra per hour. My ceremony starts @ 5:30, cocktail @ 6 and reception until 11. This is typical for most weddings.. My wedding is a Sat so I am not concerned about people missing the ceremony.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Doubletree 10/15/2011. We'll be starting the ceremony just an hour earlier- 4pm on a Saturday. We did notice the noise ordinance and were told that this was only applicable for the outdoor area (terrace), in cases where the bar and/or tables were set up outside. I would definitely ask them about perhaps closing off the outside so that you can start later. I think they'll work with you. As far as your start time and it being a work day- some people may not be able to make it to the ceremony due to work/traffic..
    HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lajuanedlajuaned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew...I spoke with Cindi and it has been worked out...lol...the party can still go on...was worried. Now I just have to worry about my d8 still being available if I decide to book..YIKES
  • Options
    wessica79wessica79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What did she have to say about it going past 11? The old catering manager at Doubletree, said they couldn't play loud music because of tenants (yes, people have condos in the hotel) & hotel guests and neighbors of the hotel...
    Cindi is great.. I get married in 30 days at Doubletree... What is your wedding date? Fridays don't get booked often from what I understand, Saturdays do, I think you will be okay :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG the wedding is two days away.  I definitely would love to see how your pictures turn out. I am also considering this venue for my wedding on 6/15/11 and while I love the outside terrace for the ceremony, I do have my concerns with the ballroom.  Good luck and please please share where I can see the photos?  Who is your photographer?

GOOD LUCK! :)

Oh, you can email me at crazydrala1981@yahoo.com.  The email account associated with this knot account I no longer have access to. I locked myself out and can't answer my own security questions - that's bad! HAHAHA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG the wedding is two days away.  I definitely would love to see how your pictures turn out. I am also considering this venue for my wedding on 6/15/11 and while I love the outside terrace for the ceremony, I do have my concerns with the ballroom.  Good luck and please please share where I can see the photos?  Who is your photographer?

GOOD LUCK! :)

Oh, you can email me at crazydrala1981@yahoo.com.  The email account associated with this knot account I no longer have access to. I locked myself out and can't answer my own security questions - that's bad! HAHAHA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards