Florida-South Florida
Options

Inviting the President

I want to send an invite to the President, but has anyone done this before? Should I include the RSVP, or can I save money on postage and just send the actual invite? Do you think the return address on the envelope is enough for them to send it to me, or should I put something else in the envelope?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Inviting the President

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done it but I've seen it done! I'd probably just send the invite in an envelope and save the postage for the RSVP card. I'd include a self-addressed envelope in hopes for something back!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just send the invite, they actually send you a letter back not the actual RSVP card. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh such a fun idea! Now I'm thinking who else can I send an invite too?? Since I'll have about 10 left over.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_inviting-president?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:0f42ff33-d788-4d2a-9bd7-b5f2ee53ee24Post:f50040ad-2d28-4f14-b920-5590b8f71c62">Re: Inviting the President</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh such a fun idea! Now I'm thinking who else can I send an invite too?? Since I'll have about 10 left over.
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]
    I've seen people invite the Queen of England, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Mickey, and Minnie!

With the Disney characters you usually get a signed picture back- pretty cute. I have the Mickey and Minnie address if anyone wants it! ;)

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh Faith! Can you give me the Mickey and Minnie address?? How fun! My Fiance used to loooove Mickey growing up. That would be a nice little gift for him.

Thanks!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so glad you posted this!!  i just remembered i wanted to do this too!!!
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem!

Mickey and Minnine Mouse
    The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im sooo inviting Mickey and Minne too! - this is really more fun then it probably should be.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shouldnt they be living at Walt Disney World in Orlando?!?

They're celebrities so I guess it makes sense they live in Cali. LOL! I'm so sending them an invite!

Thanks Faith!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, you'd think they'd be in Orlando but I guess they're living it up in LA! ;)

• Options
    domiqubanadomiqubana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea!!! I never knew we could do this....you ladies always has the best advice & tips ! Thks
  • Options
    JPatootieJPatootie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent one to the President and I'm waiting for my RSVP! lol
    I actually sent a completed invite with rsvp included, but it's true that they wont use it and send you a note on a letterhead instead, so no biggie if you just send them the invite only.
    =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks girls! 

I REALLY want to invite William and Kate :) If anyone knows who we send it to for them, let me know!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards