Florida-South Florida
Options

Registry and Invite Question (Long)

Ok, so I've done like massive amounts of research on my invites and they are almost ready to go out. I had FMIL over last night helping FI and I assemble them (we're doing pocketfolds) and we're almost done and she suddenly asks about where the registry info is.

So, I explain that everywhere I've looked it says you should NEVER put registry info in the cards. Then, I explain how I sent out STDs 3 months ago with a link to the website and there is an entire page on the website dedicated to the registry. The whole point of the website was for people to get this information quickly.

FMIL then says, well I've always seen the info included in the invite. Do you have the website in the invite? I said, no I forgot. But we sent out STDs. They should have the website. If not, there is always word of mouth.

She then proceeds to tell me that sounds like a lot of extra work for the guests and us to spread the information by work of mouth. I was just completely flummoxed. We left the conversation with no resolution.

Am I in the wrong here? Is there something I'm just completely missing that I didn't think about? Should I print out little papers with the registry info on it and slip them in the invite last minute (so last minute that I won't even have matching paper to put it on)?

Re: Registry and Invite Question (Long)

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, I don't think the registry info should be in the invite.  And a lot of people feel that way.  But, at the same time I've gotten plenty of wedding invites that have it in there.  I don't care one way or the other, I'm not going to side-eye anyone that does it.  Because, for a lot of people in their "circle" it's done.  So no one thinks differently. 

I don't think it's going to inconvenience your guests to ask a family member real quick where you're registered though.  So no you are not wrong. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think that this information should be given in your bridal/wedding shower invitations (If your having one).  Another option is probably printing small cards with your website on it again.  But, if I were dont assembling the invitations then at this point I wouldn't worry about it.  I agree with pp, people will ask where your registered.  So don't worry :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_registry-invite-question-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:0fafdbba-071f-4f19-96e1-a3481a170874Post:a6448be5-abab-4cbe-a9be-7cc397b12387">Re: Registry and Invite Question (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that this information <strong>should be given in your bridal/wedding shower invitations (If your having one)</strong>.  Another option is probably printing small cards with your website on it again.  But, if I were dont assembling the invitations then at this point I wouldn't worry about it.  I agree with pp, people will ask where your registered.  So don't worry :)
    Posted by brooklyngurl81[/QUOTE]

Yes it should be in your shower invites.

But I can't even tell you how many people asked me or my mom.  So people <em>will</em> ask. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't think it should be on your wedding invite. I didn't even put it on the bridal shower invite since I'm hosting it myself. It's all been word of mouth.

As all the PPs have said, I wouldn't worry about it. People will ask if they need to. It's not a lot of trouble. I put my website address on my RSVP card, so who ever doesn't go there, I'm sure they will find out one way or another.

Don't sweat it. I'm on your side on this one. FMIL is wrong, IMO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the PP, no registry info in wedding invites, only in shower invites.  Besides, it is so easy for people to find registrys these days with the internet and anyone else will just ask. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I won't be putting it in my invites, the first time I ever heard about not putting it in there was when I got to TK. Every single wedding invitation that I've ever gotten had the registry info. included. Like Court said, it just depend what your "circle" is used to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so at least I'm not completely crazy. Thanks girls.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we had our wedding website on our STD..and my MOH put our two registry places on the shower invites...both set of parents know where we are registered, so if any of their family members ask..they will tell.

if not...cash and checks works just as good!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dee - My mother is purposely NOT telling anyone about the registry so that they can give us money! LOL She's too much.

Like I told her, who ever can't afford to put money in a card will be embarrassed to put a $5 or $10 or $20, so it's easier to buy a $5-120 gift from the registry. But whatever, I'm happy with no gifts at all. I already have way too much stuff as it is. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards