Florida-South Florida
Options

Coordinator referral to find wedding venue

I'm Frustrated!! Finding a venue has been alot harder than I thought it would be. Can someone recommend an experienced coordinator that can help me find it? I really would like an outdoor ceremony and reception that has a vacationy feel and a view thats not sand in So Fla. I need it to allow music/dj outside too. And would like to bring in my own caterer. Am I asking for too much??

Re: Coordinator referral to find wedding venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NOT asking too much!!! You'll find your perfect venue. You can try my coordinator - Letty Gobel with LMG Events, she is amazing!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you're asking for a coordinator, but have you tried the Ronald Shane Center?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Letty. Love her! I was also going to recommend the Shane Center. What's your budget and for how many people?  You may be able to get some great recs here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about the deering estate? it's gorgeous!!!1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the bonnet house in ft laud is amazing.Letty has great reviews. Another good coordinator is jennifer j events. HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My coordinator is Jennifer J Events. I choose my location before I choose her. I am having my reception and ceremony at the Miami Beach (no sand) Botanical Gardens.  It is not the most popular location because it is a blank canvas, they have no coordinator and you do have to bring in most vendors. (PS> their website stinks - go see it in persson)  Jennifer has helped me select a caterer, mobile bartending company, floral/decor, lounge seating, steel drummers for cocktail and ceremony and rentals for chairs etc. About the only thing I'm not outsourcing are the tables and tents. (Tents come through the MBBG) I would also reccommend the Bonett house and maybe Morikami -not sure if you can choose your caterer there though. HTH and GL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jewelz4444Jewelz4444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I contacted both planners. Hopefully one can help. I have looked at all the ones mentioned. Deering doesnt work because of the no music allowed outside. Hoping that a wedding coordinator would know about a hidden gem that I don't!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    have you tried fiser island? I heard its not as expensive as ppl think but I dont know the prices. If that is an option for you, I would call my planner Guerdy since she is based there and does most of the island's events. info is in my bio. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    make that fisher island!
  • Options
    Gatorgirl8Gatorgirl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just recently booked at Jungle Island and they have all out door facilities that overlook flamingo gardens, waterfalls, downtown miami, and the port...NO BEACH! I booked with the catering manager Jessica and she referred me to a planner that has been a god send. Her name is Marelyn Exposito. She specializes in outdoor weddings. Her number is 305-505-6642. Jungle Island can have outdoor music for sure. I guess you wold have t inquire about the outside catering. But Jessica a call, I am sure she can help you..
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you've received some great venue recs. My coordinator is awesome. Jennifer from Jennifer J. Events :)
  • Options
    Jewelz4444Jewelz4444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How can you privately contact another bride on TheKnot?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards