Florida-South Florida
Options

Officially back on the hunt for a venue (LONG)

**SIGH**Ladies,After several weeks of agonizing over this decision, FI and I are officially on the hunt for a new venue. As many of you know from my previous post, my venue, the Regent Bal Harbour Hotel, was sold about a month ago. I chose this venue after a LONG search and lots of thought and knottie vibes, only to fall in love, and have my heart broken by this situation. Part of the main reason that I booked the Regent was of course the beautiful location, but also the service and the WC, Eric, and the fact that we were going to get a free honeymoon stay at any Regent property worldwide. Eric really won FI and I over, and we decided to book with him although we had a contract pending at another location. The main reason that we've decided against the Regent at this point is because things are just too iffy there right now, and Eric has not been in touch or explained anything to me at this point. I found out about the venue being sold because FI and I wanted to stay there for the 4th weekend, and I looked online and realized that there was no longer a website, and discovered that the venue had been sold. FI and I stopped by the next day only to be met by a snarky lady at the front desk who had an attitude when I asked if Eric still worked there, and a guy who assured me that Eric would get my message and be in touch. Eric has left me 2 messages to my numerous attempts to contact him, and the bottom line is I'm very uncomfortable going forward and spending the type of money that I'm spending when everything seems so up in the air. They have no website, Eric's cell phone and direct line are off, and information gave me two phone numbers that are no longer working. I'm just over the whole thing at this point, and I can't operate under such uncertainty.Sorry to ramble, but I'm really bummed out about it. The upside is that they never took out the deposit, so we aren't out of a thing. I will keep you all posted on my new venue search, and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to email or page me. Thanks for all of your support ladies. I know everything happens for a reason, so this is just a small wrinkle in what I know will be a perfect day next July. Thanks for letting me vent.P.S. My current top choices are the Ritz Key Biscayne, the Ritz Fort Lauderdale, and the Ritz WPB. I also really love Jaime's venue, the Epic, and I may check out the W South Beach although I don't really want the South Beach vibe.
Photobucket

Re: Officially back on the hunt for a venue (LONG)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BIG hugs to you Ayana!!! Sucks that you have to be going through this stress after all the time and effort you put into it.It's good you're looking at the brighter side including not losing money and still having time to find a better place for you two. I have to say the Ritz sounds awesome to me! I've only been to the one in South Palm Beach and it's been gorgeously remodeled. I know you'll find the right one and you'll be happier in the end. I hope it's soon!! GL :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no babe I am so sorry. I think you have some GREAT choices to choose from. I have heard amazing things about both the W and the EPIC! Good luck hun...keep me updated!!!!! PS .... heard i might be seeing you REALLLLLLLL soon ;);););)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :\ Everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe you'll fall head over heels for one of these other venues. Either way, I wish you the best of luck in your search and am sending knottie vibes that you'll fall in love all over again with a venue :)
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Ayana. I know how much you liked that venue. I'm happy to read that you aren't going through with it though. I was worried about it and it wasn't even my wedding! You do have some amazing back ups though and I think you will find something and fall head over heels in love with it again. Good luck sweetie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this venue didn't work out. On the bright side, nothing is lost. You are better off at a venue where you feel taken care of. Good luck on the hunt! You've got some great choices to work with =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knottie vibes, GL with the search. W South Beach is beautiful. Loves it .. However the Ritz Key Biscayne is phenomenal.. OHHH such hard choices
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I am going to idealista's wedding at the Ft. Lauderdale Ritz this weekend so I will report back with full details & pictures! I know you will definitely find another perfect venue and WC you click with; everything happens for a reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwwwww....Ayana, so sorry you're going through this! but like you said everything happens for a reason! GL with your search! the Epic is beautifu!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These things always work out in the brides favor! I lost my photog and got Maloman - with a summer discount! You'll see, this will turn out even better then you expect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aaaw i'm so sorry this happened to you, but i def agree you did the right thing. agree w/ pp, i know you'll definitely find another venue you'll fall in love with. this is south fl, the options are endless =) good luck, enjoy the hunt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain, doll. I'm sure everything will work out, I had a venue crisis myself, and in the end it was okay ;)If you're interested in the Four Seasons at all (Miami or WPB) let me know, I talked to the Catering Managers a few days ago, I have their contact info if you were to need it.
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    better that you found out NOW then after invitations had gone out! you'll find some place just as fabulous and your wedding will be stunning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AYANA!!!!! oh no!!! I am sooo freakin sorry for you - I cant imagine how bummed you are. I remember how excited you were when you booked it. You already know how much we loved the ritz ftl ... it was stunning and the WC there was amazing. your other options are beyond fabulous so do not worry - you WILL find another venue that suits you. big hugs!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww Ayana, I'm so so so sorry! I didn't realize this has been going on and I'm so sorry b/c I know how much you loved the regent. That said, I agree w/ the PP's that everything happens for a reason and that this will end up working out even better.Are you not wanting to consider the W FTL anymore? How cool would it be if you were to chose the Epic? We'd be venue twins!!! Definitely keep us posted on the new venue hunt!!! Hugs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh how frustrating!! But, like you said, everything happens for a reason! Thank God you have time! I can only imagine what the brides are going through that are having their weddings soon! You'll find something amazing soon, I feel it :)
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this didn't end well but better now than later.  You didn't lose any money?? Awesome!!!!Good luck on your hunt!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm super late but i wanted to say I'm so sorry!!!! this stinks, but like the ladies said - better now then later. Good luck in the search, ALL of your venues that you are looking at are gorgggggg. Hang in there lady!!! xoxoxo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, sorry to hear you have to somewhat start over :(  Venue searching definitely has been the most stressful for me so far.  knottie vibes that you find something you love, soon!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards