Florida-South Florida
Options

Bostonian needs some local advice

I'm originally from Miami but now live in Boston and have been away long enough where I'd appreciate some tips.  Here goes.1) I'm doing cupcakes.  Where is a good place?  I've been to Mischa's before...but does anyone else have any recs for Miami area2) Most people are from out of town so I'd like to do a welcome bag.  This is going to be most people's first time in Miami so I'd like to add some fun local stuff...but also want it to be DIY.  (Budget.)  Any suggestions?  I've got a list of local places, map...3) Transportation.  I'm doing the ceremony at the same place as the wedding which means I'll only need to get transportation to the venue and then five hours later.  Would i have to rent something for that whole time?4) I was thinking of giving the bridemaids something a little more Miami-like rather than typical jewelry.  Is sunglasses cool?Thanks for the help.

Re: Bostonian needs some local advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    happy planning!!! :) I'm planning from Philly so I know your pain...I think the sunglasses is an awesome idea!! can't help with the rest, sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually from Boston and live in Miami now. I thing that thoses flip-flop charms on a nice chain are great bridesmadid dress. I believe Kay jewlers has them at a decent price. I'm not sure about the transportation. As for gift bags-go to your local craft store and get canvas bags. You can buy a pack of iron on printer paper and print any design (like a palm tree or the south beach background) on the paper and then iron to the front of the bag. you can even personalize it with their names. Fill the bags with sandles ($5 at Old Navy), chap stix, sun screen, maybe a beach towel (4.99 at kmart). It can be like a welcome beach bag. And im sure you can get it online but they always sell this florida candy with chocolate and coconut at the rest stops along the turnpike. It has a gator on it $ says florida. As for cupcakes try entertaining desserts- 305-255-1200 www.entertainingdesserts.com. They do amazing custom cookies, cakes and desserts. Good luck-Angela
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. no recs on the cupcakes2. for your OOT bag - water bottles, oranges, small sunscreen bottles, snacks likes chips/cookies/nuts/candy, Advil, key lime flavored anything, travel sized toiletries, etc  Search for the bio of muddilicious - she had great OOT bags.  You can use the reusable grocery bags as a bag or a straw bag or even a beach bucket.3. If your wedding is in Miami, call Meilan.  They can do one-way transfers and it comes out cheaper.4. Nice sunglasses would be a great BM gift.
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello to another displaced Floridian in Boston! I'm heading to Florida tomorrow to meet with vendors, but only have 2 days to do so!! Planning from 1200 miles away is so crazy!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the other girls suggestions. I second Meilan Limos... As far as bridesmaid gfits, love the sunglasses but I would be afraid they wouldn't look good on all face shapes. I know I like to try on sunglasses to see which ones look good on me. I just feel that's a little difficult to give people. How about a monogrammed beach bag filled with nice flip flops, sunscreen, a nice beach towel, nice bathing suit coverup, etc.? Maybe you can throw some cheap aviators into the mix (like from Urban Outfitters or something). HTH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards