Florida-South Florida
Options

Vendor Reviews and More Pics!

I am back from our honeymoon. We just loved NYC and are dying to go back! Now, on to the vendor reviews... [b]Church[/b] Prince of Peace Catholic Church - A+ (x100) Fr. Diaz is just an amazing person. He made our ceremony beautiful. [b]Reception[/b] Fiesta Palace - A- They did an amazing job helping us out for the reception. The owners are great people. The food was great and they threw in some treats for us as freebies. However, I give them an A- because the owner who was working the bar was counting his tip in front of us when we were getting ready to leave. I also heard from guests that he was not too nice working the bar. I thought that was a little tacky. [b]Photography[/b] Lucas O. Garcia - B Part of the venue package... I gave him a B because although he's very nice and did a nice job with the e-pics, he had sent a different photog to the wedding who was not our style at all. He made us pose for cheesy pictures. Also, he charges extra for the picture CD when other photogs include it in their package. [b]Video/DJ[/b] Digital Dreams - A- The owner of the company ticked me off when he wanted to help emcee the reception to get his extra $100. Yet, he barely speaks english and I had guests who don't speak spanish. Our friend, Roman, was emceeing for us as a favor already so I kindly told the owner thanks but no thanks. I gave him CDs with the songs I wanted for the cocktail hour, intros, dinner, bouquet toss, etc. Fine. He did not play my cocktail hour CD, but played the other stuff just fine. But for dinner, the music was too low and I could barely hear it. DH said he barely noticed it. However, he redeemed himself with keeping up with everything else and playing most of the must play list and keeping people on the dancefloor. The video guy he sent was not bad, but DH thought he was very cheesy as well. (He had DH and the best man perform a fake hand shake. lol) [b]Flowers[/b] Ruben Dario - A He did a great job recreating the bouquets I asked him for. They were full and looked beautiful. However, the roses looked a little brown, but no one noticed at the wedding. [b]Cake[/b] G&J Cake - D My biggest disappointment. First of all, they were very disorganized when it came to meeting up with them. We showed up to the restaurant they own and they weren't even there. I brought him a picture of the cake I wanted. I wrote everything down in detail. I thought, "How can they mess the cake up?" I asked for this: http://tinypic.com/r/2lbpbad/3 (with a "D" instead). I got this... http://tinypic.com/r/2e1buqp/3 They even added the pink! I was like WTF. I give them a D because the cake was delicious and my cake topper looked adorable. [b]Dress[/b] Alfred Angelo - A+ Not a single hitch! They were lovely. [b]BM Dresses[/b] Magalys - B I love this woman because she made dresses for occasions in my family before. I don't know what happened, but even though the BM dresses came out gorgeous, she made them too tight and the hems were uneven. Of course, she fixed them without a problem. She alterated my dress and made the bustle, but it kept coming off during the dancing. [b]Tuxedos[/b] The Tux Shop - B Nice people and good prices. However, buttons kept falling off from people's tuxes, even DH. Now, more pics! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=285809&id=840710654

Re: Vendor Reviews and More Pics!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing your reviews!!! Yay for being a Mrs.!!
  • Options
    MiRi81MiRi81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michi, you're right there! Yay!!!
  • Options
    MiRi81MiRi81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot about hair and makeup!! LOL I did it at Hair Nature's Way in Hialeah. I have been getting my hair cut there for years and we love the owners. My hair came out different than what I wanted because the veil was made wrong (Magalys made the veil as well). But I let it go and it was fine. Everyone was telling me how pretty my hair and makeup looked. I give them an A+ for being very helpful and doing a great job with the girls' hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't see your pics :(
  • Options
    MiRi81MiRi81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this: http://tinyurl.com/lehfs6 It's the same link without the in it. Let me know if it's that or if it's blocking you. I'll ask my BFF to make it public.
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe the difference in the cake! Unreal. Thanks for the reviews and welcome back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for sharing !! sounds like everything was perfect minus the cake vendor - ugh !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards