Florida-South Florida
Options

Checks! Long! PIB!

- We had our final meeting with the priest. It was quick and went well, but I found out something I am worried about - the priest won't be at the rehearsal!!!! I have NEVER heard of this before. I have actually heard that our priest has a tendency to mess up ceremonies (forget traditions and skip over parts) so I am a little worried now. We are doing the mantilla and we are also having a prayer for Andrew's father, two things I would be VERY upset about if they were forgotten. I hope everything goes smoothly. I'm just annoyed because we have had to meet with him 100 times and do so many preparations, and he can't even be at the rehearsal? Ugh. - We assembled the programs last night!! PIB under "Ceremony" and "DIY". I think they look great! The best part is, they required NO cutting. We just had to fold them and attach a ribbon - We prepped the favor boxes for assembly. We are going to stuff them with chocolate and put the ribbon on the outside tomorrow evening. We don't want them to get ants before I bring them to the hotel on Tuesday. - Andrew bought his tux!!! He got it from the Hugo Boss store in the Aventura Mall. He looks AMAZING in it. He is having alterations done and will be able to pick it up on Monday night. I feel like we are going to look like rock stars! :) I think that's it for now. We are moving in more stuff to the apartment this week and I have a few more checks to make, but I'm practically done! Oh and I updated the "Vendors & Reviews" section again in my bio. I'm trying to keep it as up to date as possible so I don't forget any of the details :)

Re: Checks! Long! PIB!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    awesome checks girl!! Adam wore hugo boss too and looked so sharp!! congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adam looked awesome!! Andrew was actually eyeing their gray suits :)
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything is moving along so smoothly, I'm sure with all the meetings your priest will do just fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you're ready to me!!  LOLAbout the priest, it's a tough one and I can totally see your concern.  Our priest (who is a close, personal friend) didn't come to our rehearsal either.  He did things a little differently the day of (had my godparents hand us the Offertory and then we handed it to him and other small stuff) but we just went along with it.  Can you ask Andrew (or someone else) to speak with him before the ceremony to remind him about the prayer and the mantilla??  Kind of just as a casual recap without being too pushy.  And the other thing I was thinking, do your programs list those "events"??  If so, be sure someone gives the priest a program.  They can even lay an additional program on the lectern and one on his seat.  We do that at work for all the events and it keeps our priest on track.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh the priest thing annoyed me to NO END. All the meetings were NOTHING about the ceremony, that's why I am worried. We just talked about the ceremony at this last meeting for 15 minutes. He wrote down what we wanted, but I have heard a couple of disaster stories from friends. Hopefully Letty can like run up towards the altar or something and throw the mantilla on us if there is an issue lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mirian, the priest specifically said for nobody to bring their own readings and for nobody to put programs anywhere! I am sure Letty will handle it though, somehow.
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, everything is coming together so wonderfully. Awesome checks!
  • Options
    girllennongirllennon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the checks! I would be in a slight panick about the priest NOT attending the rehearsal. I've been driving my priest nuts about everything b/c, 1) I'm a new Catholic, and 2) our priest tends to be absent-minded (but not during regular mass, thank god).  
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I just got goosebumps for you on how close you are. I can't wait to see pictures of everything. I am sure that Letty will pull through and make your ceremony perfect!
  • Options
    erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    michi !! everything looks great - your invitations are amazing - WOW !! and i love the programs ... i completely understand your concern about the priest - ugh !! when we went and met with the lady (we havent met with the priest yet) she gave us a set of rules - no aisle runner - the flower is not allowed to throw petals or anything?? has anyone heard of this ?? i was so annoyed too !! yay - you're so close
  • Options
    MiRi81MiRi81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. I'd be annoyed about the priest too. I am sure everything will turn out okay. I agree to have someone to remind him quickly before the ceremony.I can't believe you are so close!!
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ay, que pesado!!  LOL  Whatever!!  Have Andrew or Letty just check on those 2 things before the ceremony and I'm sure everything will be fine.  At this point, it's best to let it go so you can relax this week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Erika, that's pretty standard. Almost all churches are like that! Mirian, I have let it go. I just pray it will be smooth!
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! Nice checks!!! Congrats... you're super close!!! can't wait to see pics :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that programs look gorgeous!!!!!!you're so close - I have no doubt it will be flawless, Letty will make sure of it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love love the programs! You did an amazing job like always!I hope the priest stuff works out, surely, nothing will go wrong.Congrats on being done!!
  • Options
    erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    really ?? =( i was hoping to get a pretty aisle runner but now that's 1 less thing on my to do list !!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michi,   I have a questoin or a favor if possible. Would it  be possible if u can send me ur program template i lvoe the format of ur program and ive been having a struggle with developing my program it would be awesome u can send it to my email :vanered15@bellsouth.net i hope u can if u dont mind thanks :)Vane
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! I am in love with the programs, I must say! I have received a lot of compliments from family members already :) vane, YGM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Glad to hear your future hubby will be wearing a HB tux, they make the best looking ones IMO. Did he buy it from Susana? She's the one who always helps my hubby with his tuxes.Your long awaited day is almost here! You're in good hands w/ Letty. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards