Florida-South Florida
Options

HELP! eden roc and my linens!!!

Hi Ladies. I don't usually post but i need HELP. have any of you been to a wedding at the new ballroom in the eden roc or seen pics? My wedding is black and white but the rug in the room is anything but. It's blue and yellow and brown and all this craziness. I can't decide on the color of my linens and chairs. There's a huge window in the ballroom so i'm hoping it'll be somewhat dark by 6:30 in November to not be able to notice the rug. but i cant decide between: all black lnens and chairs, or ivory linens and fruitwood chairs or black? ahhhh!!! and my flowers will be all white. any help i can get is much appreciated! TIA. veronica 11.28.09

Re: HELP! eden roc and my linens!!!

• Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you choose a complementing color like amber or something and maybe do lighting?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to the new ballroom but I am not sure I remember the new carpet. Those things kinda blend into the big picture for me. But it is a gorgeous ballroom! I would go with the ivory linens and the black chairs if the wedding is black and white.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! yes i'm hoping to do purple uplighting. i know- another color that's not in the room but its my favorite color. sunset is suppose to be at 5:30 that day so i have my fingers crossed for the rug to be invisible. :)
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that anyone will really pay attention to the carpet, and with the uplighting you wouldn't even really be able to see the the actual colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Vicki.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a lighter linen and black chairs. That looks very complimentary. Plus something my florist pointed out to me was that black linens can tend to make things look very dark and not make your tables and CPs pop.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Vicki.  My colors are also Ivory & Black, but I'm not a fan of how black linens look. I've been in that ballroom (GORGEOUS btw) and I think a lighter color will look better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies i really appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    But will the white CPs stand out against white linens???  Hmmm . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards