Florida-South Florida

Another Invite Question

These EFFING invites are going to be the death of me.So I made the time to half past four but the proof came back and said half past four in the afternoon? They said it is not considered evening but I hate the sound of it. Would it be totally awful to say half past for in the evening? TIA!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another Invite Question

• edited December 2011
    excise my typos. I meant FOUR for for. sheesh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hmmmmm... this is tough. do you have say anything? *maybe remove both afternoon and evening? I'm bad at this stuff. I am terrified to do my invites, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    no way! i think if you want evening say evening!
  • edited December 2011
    sunset is 6:18 anyhow in feb - does that make 4:30 evening? I dont want to make an invite faux pas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just Googled 'evening' to see what would fall under it. Some say that after 3pm is early evening, other say that it's afternoon till 5, and even more say after 5.Since you're running after 4, I think it could very well jusitfy you says half past four in the evening. Good thing is, around the time of your wedding - 4 will almost be dusk, that may give you even more lean toward evening :) 
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    if you dont want it to say evening, I suggest just 1/2 past four too. Everyone will know you dont mean 4 am.
  • edited December 2011
    excuse my other typos, geezzzzz! Clearly it's friday b/c my mind is in WEEKEND MODE lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Four in the evening would be an invite faux pas. 
  • photonbugphotonbug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    evening doesn't sound right to me.  I would just drop the evening or afternoon if you don't like afternoon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i actually think half past four sounds better than half past four in the evening and/or half past four in the afternoon. just my humble opinion tho...
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its your wedding, do whatever you want to do. I would put "afternoon" or "evening" - I just like how it looks.
  • erika1180erika1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    toughie !! i agree - its your wedding - you can say it how you want but maybe to it would be best just to drop it all together ...
  • edited December 2011
    That's tough. I think you could just say half past four and leave it there. That's my thinking at least... doesn't hAVE to say afternoon or eve and like vic said, they will know it's not four in the morning.
  • citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wouldn't it be funny if someone DID show up at 4:30 AM?? i bet at least one person asks. :)
  • JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with pp who said you dont have to say afternoon or evening, bc obviously its not at 4:30 am. But if you were going to put one, I'd say evening. Just because 4:30 much closer to evening than afternoon.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rrive008rrive008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree, i don't see anything wrong with leaving it without evening or afternoon.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd have to say half past four in the afternoon or nada. 4:30 in the evening just sounds weird.
  • Nydia82Nydia82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about half past four o'clock?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nydia82Nydia82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked my etiquette book and the examples of 4:30 are all, "Half past four o'clock" HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My vote is with Nydia for- half past four o'clock... or else nothing at all. just my 2 cents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards