Florida-South Florida
Options

melissainabq

Hi,How are you doing? How is your family? I just wanted to say i am sorry about what you and your family going though.Rita

Re: melissainabq

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey. We're ok - sometimes. Yesterday was a really hard day because I sat at work thinking "ok, one week ago now I was with her docs talking about tests" and then "one week ago now I was in the waiting room about to be told she'd passed," etc. I actually stayed home from work today because I just couldn't deal with being around people.There were more than 300 people at the service. It was overwhelming but also comforting to know that in her 27 years, she touched that many lives. We are still awaiting the autopsy report to see if it was actually H1N1 like we all think. It won't change anything for us, but if it can help someone else not go through this then at least her death wasn't totally in vain.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mmedov01mmedov01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhhhh,  all i can say to you and your family is i am so sorry for your loss. From what i heard from you she was a truly amazing person. She will always be with you. Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Other than just the shock of losing her, what has been hardest on me is the guilt I feel for not seeing her more because I live so far away. The last time I saw her before this was getting in the car as we left my wedding.
  • Options
    ccrews16ccrews16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, I too am so so so rry for your loss. I didn't know she had passed. I don't want to resurface any wounds, and I'm trying to piece this together from your other posting, but did she die from the Swine Flu? I think it's so great that you are bringing awareness. How did she get it?
  • Options
    mmedov01mmedov01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh don't be hard on yourself, she loved you and she will always be a part of your life. Always think of great things and this will help you though this tough time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ccrews - We aren't positive but she had all the symptoms. They tested her for it after she'd started receiving tamiflu and other treatment, which could have thrown a false negative.Very long story short:She got a cold. It wouldn't go away. She didn't have health insurance so she just tried to deal with it but she got progressively worse.She went to one of those Walgreens clinics and they told her to go home and take some sudafed. 36 hours later she was in a medical coma and on a ventilator. Five and a half weeks  (last Monday) later, she passed.It is all here if you're interested in more: WeLoveElena.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa! I am terribly sorry for your loss. My cousin died in June from what they preceived to be the swine flu but it wasn't determined until after he had died. He suffered the same symptoms, slipping into a coma and then going into cardiac arrest approx. 5 times before he finally died. They also determined from the autopsy that he ended up getting an infection on the brain from the hospital (not sure how) that they didn't detect until after he passed. Time heals all and you will be okay, just remember she is now in a wonderful place, so much better than living on earth, she will always be with you.
    Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008
  • Options
    oyepoohoyepooh member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Melissa:I've been thinking about you.  Just wanted to pop in and send you a hug!!  Hang in there.  xoMirian
  • Options
    romiguromigu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hang in there melissa.  i've been thinking of you also.  i spoke with one of my friends at Jackson and she told me about how many young patients have been dying from H1N1 - pregnant mothers, college kids.  its shocking for everyone and i'm so sorry for you and your family . 
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards