Florida-South Florida
Options

DIY centerpieces

For those of you that are doing them, who is setting it all up? I am considering doing them and getting the overlays from efavormart. Do you think the venue will put them out? Should I get a DOC? Should I just give up the idea and get the centerpieces from a florist?

Re: DIY centerpieces

• Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did all my flowers and my DOC set them out for me.  I think for the overlays the venue will do it for you if you make sure that it is very clear that they are to have them out for you.For me it was well with saving the money and DIYing the flowers and then spending some on the DOC.  A florist would have charged me at least $1.5k for what I did for $400.  Plus, I like doing flowers.  A word of advice though, have a game plan on gettting them to the venue.  I made them Thursday night, and delivered them Friday morning in a two car caravan of my family. It was hilarious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mudd... The $$ we were saving was totally worth it. I hired a DOC (same as Mudd- Karla from stylish events)...and she will be setting them up.
  • Options
    alexisrouse00alexisrouse00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue won't put them out, so I'm having my DOC  set them up.
  • Options
    susanjane82susanjane82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad to know i'm not the only one who plans to DIY our centerpieces... and glad to know that it would benefit hiring a DOC!  the knot has taught me so much already! :)
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you ladies get your flowers and supplies from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My centerpieces are failry simple PIB.I'll be purchasing my flowers from ABA flowers in Doral!
  • Options
    muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Giselle at the Flower Megastore, but there are lots of flower wholesalers in South Florida that sell to the public.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have thought a lot about doing this too.. still not sure but, Michelle yours look awesome and have inspired me for sure.Depending on the flowers you wants, Costco has some nice one that they will deliver right to your door. Check their website and go to floral, then bulk flowers. I may go that route as they have pretty good prices on callas and hydrangea which is what I am considering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea. I will look into this post my experience
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What other wholesalers besides Flower MegaStore are there in SoFla?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards