Florida-South Florida
Options

I'm MOH for my good friend's wedding Nov.

But I'm planning mine as well so I need to watch my spending. She lives in Orlando and I live in NY. I'm planning a bachelorette weekend for her in Key West (for fantasy fest). This is late October. So, am I supposed to throw her a bridal shower too? I don't think I can swing that b/c her bachelorette is Oct 23rd and she's getting married Nov 20th. I'm not sure I'll be able to make an additional trip to Florida between that.  What do you suggest?  Do you MOHs plan both and pay for both?

Re: I'm MOH for my good friend's wedding Nov.

• Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way you can have the shower the same time as the bachelorette weekend? It may be tough to squeeze in since you're going down to Key West, but I would try to have the shower the same weekend like maybe later on Sunday. BTW, Fantasy Fest is CRA-ZY! You girls are gonna have a blast.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was asked this past w/end to be MOH also at my friend's wedding ...her wedding is 2 months before mine.  I felt honored but also stressed.  I told her that I probably would not be able to complete all my "MOH" duties as I am planning my own wedding....she understood.***I know MOH should plan ....  all the girls you are inviting should chip in***
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does she have any bridesmaids that could help, or sisters/mother? I completely understand about trying to save money & not make an extra trip--explain that to her, I would hope she would understand! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest having a dual party... a shower than the bachelorette party....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards